Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

cost effective PPF for Model Y in seattle and nearby

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure why PPF is so expensive in the Seattle area, but that just seems to be the case with most installers charging around $2000+ for a full front kit (wouldn't bother with half hood kits). CarToys I've seen do it cheaper but of the few I've seen, they don't seem to do a great job.

Check out Darkside in Bothell. He's done PPF and tint on a few of my cars over the years and does a great job and doesn't charge as much as some other places, but still north of $1000.

Cost effective and full PPF do not go together. If you want cost effective buy a pre cut kit and DIY. Drive Protected on youtube has several videos for the Y and its easy to follow along with. If you mess a piece up just buy another. you will still be 5x cheaper than paying someone.

Not sure why PPF is so expensive in the Seattle area, but that just seems to be the case with most installers charging around $2000+ for a full front kit (wouldn't bother with half hood kits). CarToys I've seen do it cheaper but of the few I've seen, they don't seem to do a great job.

Check out Darkside in Bothell. He's done PPF and tint on a few of my cars over the years and does a great job and doesn't charge as much as some other places, but still north of $1000.

Thanks , Darkside quoted 1800 for just front. Cheapest full car I got is 3500.

Typical full car starts around 7000. This is for a quality job with custom wrapped edges. Installing a quality PPF job is time intensive process that takes a skilled technician.

You can find budget versions as well, its more about what is most important to you! Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions or stop by the shop. We have discounts for forum members!