Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cost of Neurio external meter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know the rough cost I have been charged £500 for this and I tried to call Tesla and they are protecting installers by saying its only available to them via a sales channel? Is the customers getting rip off for this?

Tesla has a specific version of this device, I am fairly certain, so I think the specific one tesla uses is only available to installers (unless you try to source one from ebay or something).

I dont know what it costs, but its not the same device as the commercial one you can buy regularly. I am not sure if the difference is physical or firmware though.

Reactions: Chamara
Thanks a lot @jjrandorin , you have been very helpful. BTW can i pick your bran on this, so fitted the
tesla battery + GW1(yes the old one) at 40M away summer house ,It has Power going from house so no issues there. Now the biggest issue is tapping the CT for house load
The Engineer recommended since I already have one Neurio with GW1 we can connect that to another Neurio that sits in the main house wired together and the second one providing home load. Is there any other way ? We tried several approaches but Max distance allowed for CT's prevents from these options. Love to know if there any one have better idea

Thanks a lot @jjrandorin , you have been very helpful. BTW can i pick your bran on this, so fitted the
tesla battery + GW1(yes the old one) at 40M away summer house ,It has Power going from house so no issues there. Now the biggest issue is tapping the CT for house load
The Engineer recommended since I already have one Neurio with GW1 we can connect that to another Neurio that sits in the main house wired together and the second one providing home load. Is there any other way ? We tried several approaches but Max distance allowed for CT's prevents from these options. Love to know if there any one have better idea

I know some general stuff but am not very technical, so I cant advise on this at all (sorry!). Perhaps someone else has thoughts on it.

We were charged £306 + VAT for a Neuiro meter in March 2021, 2 suppliers quoted much the same price for this.

It was purchased because of the location of our solar inverter compared to the Powerwall and logistic difficulty in running cable for the CT. For the first 5 months it worked perfectly, then after firmware updates we started to experience periodic loss of connectivity (and hence solar data). Tesla support just tell us there is a weak signal problem and to connect using cable rather than Wifi. This defeats the purpose of having the Neuiro meter and the Gateway and Neuiro are less than 6m apart, and every other wifi device we have has no difficulty with signal between these locations. Frankly we think it is just poor firmware design such that the Gateway does not correctly reestablish connection should there be a glitch, bouncing the power always solves it. So bottom line is if you can avoid using wifi with Neuiro meters then do .

I also have a neurio due to distance issues. The distance is around 40m, but through stucco (wire mesh) for some of the distance. No particular issues with it, once I had sorted out that the Gateway and the neurio need fixed, reserved, addresses in the router, with no WiFi extenders (some of which appear to change the apparent MAC address of the requesting device, which causes issues for the gateway). I think that the documentation for this should be public, but apparently it isn't. I could comment on the design, but there is no point squishing that particular worm as there is no alternative.

All the best,

BG