Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CQuartz Ceramic Coating Results

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a professional installer do mine with CQuartz Pro last September. I do appreciate that it makes the car easier to wash and keep clean. But it isn't beading like it used to, and there are some areas on the hood and tailgate that aren't beading at all anymore. I'm going to take it back to the installer for a checkup soon. But I'm wondering what the deal is. If the product doesn't even last a year, why does the company promise like 4-5 year effectiveness? It will be interesting to see if the installer finds deposits on top of the ceramic that are diminishing its effectiveness, or if he will want to put on another coat.

After 3,000 miles on a “lifetime” (4-5yr, 4 layer) ceramic coating, I’m getting ready to call BS on this whole craze. My car when wet, beaded nicely, and was so easy to clean. Now it’s about the same as when it was new. I see the same shine now with spray on consumer coatings that last about 5-6 months. My coating (Ceramic Pro) is supposed to be “maintained annually” to keep the “warranty” valid. I’m sure that’s just a built in excuse for the detail shop to charge me $300 for a full exterior detail and “re-coat”.

Reactions: hiener and Enginerd
I had a professional installer do mine with CQuartz Pro last September. I do appreciate that it makes the car easier to wash and keep clean. But it isn't beading like it used to, and there are some areas on the hood and tailgate that aren't beading at all anymore. I'm going to take it back to the installer for a checkup soon. But I'm wondering what the deal is. If the product doesn't even last a year, why does the company promise like 4-5 year effectiveness? It will be interesting to see if the installer finds deposits on top of the ceramic that are diminishing its effectiveness, or if he will want to put on another coat.

Maybe he didn't really use the "Pro" version of cQuartz, but rather the $60/bottle consumer grade?

After 3,000 miles on a “lifetime” (4-5yr, 4 layer) ceramic coating, I’m getting ready to call BS on this whole craze. My car when wet, beaded nicely, and was so easy to clean. Now it’s about the same as when it was new. I see the same shine now with spray on consumer coatings that last about 5-6 months. My coating (Ceramic Pro) is supposed to be “maintained annually” to keep the “warranty” valid. I’m sure that’s just a built in excuse for the detail shop to charge me $300 for a full exterior detail and “re-coat”.

That would be my guess as well, hence why I just do it myself.