Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cracked charge plate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

qdeathstar

Completely Serious
May 17, 2019
VB
hello.

I installed the wall charger today and despite using what I consider to reasonable force to move the front plate with the logo on on, I managed to crack it.

200 pound gorilla strikes again.

How would I go about getting it replaced. On the one hand I feel like it shouldn’t have broke as easily as it did, on the other it wasn’t broken before I got to it...

Wot u fink?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    525.6 KB · Views: 163
hello.

I installed the wall charger today and despite using what I consider to reasonable force to move the front plate with the logo on on, I managed to crack it.

How would I go about getting it replaced. On the one hand I feel like it shouldn’t have broke as easily as it did, on the other it wasn’t broken before I got to it...

Wot u fink?

Tesla doesn’t sell cover plate separately go return the whole unit :);)

hello.

Wot u fink?
Were you able to find a replacement face/cover plate for the wall connector? I need a replacement for my Tesla Gen 2 hpwc. Please let me know where to find one (without replacing entire wall connector). Thanks.

Were you able to find a replacement face/cover plate for the wall connector? I need a replacement for my Tesla Gen 2 hpwc. Please let me know where to find one (without replacing entire wall connector). Thanks.
No, but I decided to just live with it. Tesla got back to be a few days later but I decided it wasn’t worth the hassle