Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Crazy stupid MCU frozen for more than 10 times within less than a month

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I took delivery of my car in June 20 and now the screen has frozen for over 10 times. Sent it to the service and was told it is common among Model 3s. They will fix it through an upcoming firmware updates with the patch. Today the stupid MCU froze again and I lost all my profile settings. A black line out of nowhere appears on my screen too. THIS WHOLE THING IS JUST CRAZY AND STUPID. When can we expect the firmware update and fix this??!!!

Attachments

• 55489873-8581-4F8A-ABD8-E39CFC365799.jpeg
    55489873-8581-4F8A-ABD8-E39CFC365799.jpeg
    455.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 779914A4-88AB-4619-A2D3-BD000DC595DB.jpeg
    779914A4-88AB-4619-A2D3-BD000DC595DB.jpeg
    433.9 KB · Views: 58
So I took delivery of my car in June 20 and now the screen has frozen for over 10 times. Sent it to the service and was told it is common among Model 3s. They will fix it through an upcoming firmware updates with the patch. Today the stupid MCU froze again and I lost all my profile settings. A black line out of nowhere appears on my screen too. THIS WHOLE THING IS JUST CRAZY AND STUPID. When can we expect the firmware update and fix this??!!!

Take it back to the service center with that picture, and the date and time that happened to see if they can diagnose further. Other than venting, there isnt anything anyone here is going to be able to tell you about any possible firmware to "fix this??!!!"

Reactions: Gasaraki
The screen completely freezing has happen to me once, and never seen that black bar before. Also have never lost my profile before.