Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CyberTruck may be classified as Medium Duty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree. Tesla could learn a lot from Porsche with the first Cayenne. Porsche knew it would be picked apart and discredited as an SUV. But they did extensive testing off road, ran off road endurance races heck it came with an optional center and rear diff lock. As smart as Elon is however I think he does a whole lot of looking through blinders and seeing only his own world. As much as we love our model 3 let’s face it it was designed for southern CA. Stupid 20” summer only tire as the only choice on the performance, rocker panels set up to get blasted by rocks, almost no interior lighting, no insulation from the cold in the roof, rear bias AWD, ...

My concern for the truck is that they will drive it all around LA and up the coast to Santa Barbara. Even within a relatively short distance from SoCal He should have people towing a camper, off roading in Moab, hunting birds and mule deer in the eastern Sierra, camping and fishing the free range of the walker rivers, shadowing the farmers in the Central Valley, and snow testing around the East gates to Yosemite and mammoth.

heck send me one up to AK I’ll beat the crap out of it and run it through the wringer.

HAHA i see what you mean, I was laughing about People from Houston testing it. Majority would be asking "How well can it pickup my kids from school and go to the mall" :p. "can i lift it 12 inches and put deep dish skateboard 24" wheels with rubber band mud terrain and underglow?"

I know it will fulfill ALL my needs down here. My only wonder is how well it will traverse flood waters? For all my other needs the fact that its 4wd, has a bed and can fit off road tires is all i really need for beaches, muddy pastures/job sites ect.

They seriously need to take it to all the well known off road destinations. Maybe even hit up some over-landing expo's. I'm not expecting a rock crawler here. But i think it needs to be highly capable and Elon said "WHEN WE SAY TOUGH, WE MEAN TOUGH" It needs to be more capable then the other truck out there.

Reactions: coleAK
Yuk

IMG_9017.jpeg

I agree. Tesla could learn a lot from Porsche with the first Cayenne. Porsche knew it would be picked apart and discredited as an SUV. But they did extensive testing off road, ran off road endurance races heck it came with an optional center and rear diff lock. As smart as Elon is however I think he does a whole lot of looking through blinders and seeing only his own world. As much as we love our model 3 let’s face it it was designed for southern CA. Stupid 20” summer only tire as the only choice on the performance, rocker panels set up to get blasted by rocks, almost no interior lighting, no insulation from the cold in the roof, rear bias AWD, ...

My concern for the truck is that they will drive it all around LA and up the coast to Santa Barbara. Even within a relatively short distance from SoCal He should have people towing a camper, off roading in Moab, hunting birds and mule deer in the eastern Sierra, camping and fishing the free range of the walker rivers, shadowing the farmers in the Central Valley, and snow testing around the East gates to Yosemite and mammoth.

heck send me one up to AK I’ll beat the crap out of it and run it through the wringer.

This is the best idea I've seen. They should send one out here. I'll drive it out on the beach and then pull my camper to the smokies. Let's test these things somewhere other than the 405 and posh restaurants!

Reactions: coleAK