Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Declining mobile service repairs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious, does anyone know or have experience with declining repairs after mobile services comes out to you? i.e. if you schedule mobile to come to address an issue, they come out and inform you it will not be covered under warranty and that it will cost $xxx, and then you say “eh, I have to think about it”, will they still charge you for the visit? I know they can charge $100 if you do not cancel within 24 hours of them coming, but I can’t find any documentation for when a customer decides not to have the repairs done.

Thx

Just curious, does anyone know or have experience with declining repairs after mobile services comes out to you? i.e. if you schedule mobile to come to address an issue, they come out and inform you it will not be covered under warranty and that it will cost $xxx, and then you say “eh, I have to think about it”, will they still charge you for the visit? I know they can charge $100 if you do not cancel within 24 hours of them coming, but I can’t find any documentation for when a customer decides not to have the repairs done.

Thx
I don't know if there is a nominal service charge for the trip/travel itself (just for driving to your location), but I don't imagine it would be different than visiting an SC where before they begin work, they send you an estimate and get your express approval (and if in process of repair something extra comes up that will cost you more, they will contact you for approval also).

Thanks guys. Not to sound shady, but I was hoping to “convince” them to do it under warranty, and if they didn’t then decline. But after some thought, it’s not a huge deal so I’ll prob just cancel the appt
If you want something under warranty, you should speak to the SC manager and get approval in the app first before having technician come out. I don't believe technicians have the authority to approve something under warranty if app already said it is not. If it's some minor thing and you have other things to service, I believe there might be cases the technician just fixes it if it's within the rough alloted time of what you initially had them come for, but that does not apply if it requires a lot of time or would require them to order parts to fix.