Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile service availability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I made a mobile service request for interior trim but canceled immediately within minutes. Then, I tried to re-schedule another one then it wont give me mobile service option, only the physical service center with a longer wait. Is there a rule where if you cancel, you cant make a mobile service for the next appoint or wait a 24 hr before making a new one?

I have found mobile service option is something that the Service Center decides, not something I can pick. If the problem is fixable by a Mobile tech and they are available, then the service center sets it up with a followup calendar options.

I prioritize my service visits to be: am I willing to go to the Service Center and wait or not. If I am, I signup for a service appointment and, sometimes, request a mobile visit as a followup message in the App. Then the issue gets resolved with either a service visit or a mobile tech.

But I never get to signup for a mobile visit as the first option.

Reactions: jjrandorin
Upvote 0
I have found mobile service option is something that the Service Center decides, not something I can pick. If the problem is fixable by a Mobile tech and they are available, then the service center sets it up with a followup calendar options.

I prioritize my service visits to be: am I willing to go to the Service Center and wait or not. If I am, I signup for a service appointment and, sometimes, request a mobile visit as a followup message in the App. Then the issue gets resolved with either a service visit or a mobile tech.

But I never get to signup for a mobile visit as the first option.

My own experience 100% mirrors this.

Perhaps mobile is shown as an option if the service request is something known to be able to be executed by mobile service? I have no idea, because when I got my wifes model Y and bought the homelink module for it, I wanted mobile service but wasnt able to put it in that way. I had to put it in as a regular service request, and it got converted to mobile by "someone" without me doing anything.

Like most things tesla, I suspect this is heavily influenced by where the requester is, whether it can be done mobile, etc. I doubt there is a rule about "once you cancel it cant be mobile service again" or something.

Upvote 0