Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deep Blue Metallic Help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like you was unsure of the blue - looks light in some photos and don't really like the new image on the Tesla interior screen. However, mine is ceramic coated and about twice a hear I use a reload spray to maintain. It slightly darkens the color and to me looks perfect. I've received many compliments from people thinking it's been painted a deeper blue.View attachment 632253
I really dig this colour. Was there anything special about this ceramic coat or spray that darkened it? I’m looking everyone and everyone seems to say that ceramics coats don’t do anything to the colours

I like you was unsure of the blue - looks light in some photos and don't really like the new image on the Tesla interior screen. However, mine is ceramic coated and about twice a hear I use a reload spray to maintain. It slightly darkens the color and to me looks perfect. I've received many compliments from people thinking it's been painted a deeper blue.View attachment 632253
I really dig this colour. I’m contemplating blue for my new MY as well. Was there anything special about the ceramic coating that darkened the colour?

I really dig this colour. I’m contemplating blue for my new MY as well. Was there anything special about the ceramic coating that darkened the colour?
Here is my brand new M3P that just got ceramic coating yesterday. The color doesn't look darker at all

Attachments

• PXL_20221103_000404065.jpg
    PXL_20221103_000404065.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 177
Ceramic coating is clear but adds to the reflective properties giving more gloss and depth. As someone mentioned above it's like always having a freshly waxed car - deeper richer look. It definitely enhances the look and to the eye makes it look slightly darker in some lights. After 4 years with the car still getting comments looks better than other blue M3's. I think its mainly because it always looks freshly waxed. Worth the money for sure and in my opinion a great color for all tesla models (especially if looking for something different).