Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

delivery appt without financing check ready

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
have a home delivery appt on 31st. did financing with dcu. Due to fedex weather delay, the check won't arrive before the scheduled delivery. any potential trouble accepting the model Y?
I had an issue like that. Tesla requested a picture of the check and the tracking number from the bank. If there is any way you can get an image of the check I'm sure they'll still give you the car (the did for me 2 days ago).

• Informative
Reactions: 45thParallel
I have read a few reports of people taking home delivery while they are not home, then using a fedex envelope (included with the paperwork in the car) to mail-in the cashier’s check. In that case, at the time when Tesla drops the car off, I don’t see how Tesla could know that you don’t have the physical check in your hands yet.

So… maybe one solution is to use touchless home delivery (you not being present). Of course, then you can’t inspect the car prior to acceptance.

But I could also see that Tesla may not allow touchless home delivery for end-of-year, because I don’t think accounting practice will let them count the car as “sold” until they have the payment. So not having the check by end-of-year means the sale happens in 2022 (by accounting rules). But them having an image of the check could make it a 2021 e-check.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wigan