Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Demo drive at Maine Mall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Single black model 3 parked near Jordan's Furniture.

Tesla did not make it clear where it wasnparked. The mall is huge, but has only a single strret address.

There is no charger there. Which makes it different from most Demo Drive locations.

Attachments

• IMG_1021.jpeg
    IMG_1021.jpeg
    539.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Informative
Reactions: kayak1
Single black model 3 parked near Jordan's Furniture.

Tesla did not make it clear where it wasnparked. The mall is huge, but has only a single strret address.

There is no charger there. Which makes it different from most Demo Drive locations.
Closest Supercharger is currently Portland, ME about 5 1/2 miles away but there's one under construction 1 1/2 miles away at a hotel in Scarborough.

Of course Maine also has no Tesla store or service center, so they'd need to send somebody like a mobile tech to do drive-by charging.

• Informative
Reactions: kayak1
Closest Supercharger is currently Portland, ME about 5 1/2 miles away but there's one under construction 1 1/2 miles away at a hotel in Scarborough.

Of course Maine also has no Tesla store or service center, so they'd need to send somebody like a mobile tech to do drive-by charging.
I checked back at the Maine Mall last week, and found that there are now two model Y's and one model Three parked there, for demo drive. The parked cluster of cars is near Jordan's Funiture, maybe 100 feet away from where I saw the single black model 3 a month earlier.

It's too bad that this is not at all putlicized in the local press. How are folks supposed to know about this opportunity? It seems to be an underutilized marketing attempt by Tesla.

Of course, anyone tempted to buy a Tesla is confronted with the prospect of traveling a long way to pick it up.

Does anyone know if the VT or NH stores will help Maine buyers? Thanks

Of course, anyone tempted to buy a Tesla is confronted with the prospect of traveling a long way to pick it up.

Does anyone know if the VT or NH stores will help Maine buyers? Thanks
According to this post, the South Burlington, VT store finally got it's dealership license from the state, so they can start selling cars there. Construction is underway at Londonderry, NH. There's no legal reason a ME buyer can't pick up at either location.