Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dismissing Rear Seatbelt Warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whenever I have either groceries or people in the back of my car, I want to get rid of the seatbelt warning on my dash. Is there a way to dismiss this warning not just temporarily but maybe for my whole ride? When I’m navigating and have the left side of my dashboard dedicated to Navi, I can hold the button down to switch to from the warning back to my navigation, but few seconds later it comes back.
I read M3 can change it by pressing the button on the screen, however our dash screen is not touchscreen.
Thanks for any help!

Tesla could implement this by enabling the Seatbelt Icon on the upper right side of the center screen to disable alerts for the rear when pressed, similar to the M3. I have also looked for some solution, and I do not know of a way other than keeping the rear seatbelts fastened even when it is just my dog back there.

I'll +1 to needing a solution to this. My seatbelt indicator goes off when my son (teenager) rests his hand in the center seat. I also often put groceries in the back seat and don't realize my mistake until it is too late and I am driving with the annoying IC pop-up.