Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY Ceramic coating vs professional

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used cquarfzuk 3. Got the 50ml with reload package for like $50 from detailed image or Autogeek. I can’t remember but they always have sales. Like ALWAYS.

I Did 2 coats and could have probably done 1-2 more. I’ll use the rest on my wife’s oddesey. Car pro seems the be one of the leading brands. That said I keep getting those f1 spam adds too.

Opti-Gloss is a great option as well. Ive installed it on 7 cars now, and it will go on the Tesla too when it shows up.

Adds a great gloss, is "rated" for 2 years (though I've had cars for 3 that are still protected), car stays cleaner longer, and easy as wax to install.

It came out really nice. We ended up spending around 12 hours for doing it on 2 cars simultaneously. Just followed the instructional videos that are available in this forum and youtube.

Plan ahead, order all supplies and just dedicate about a day, that's it!!!
Hi,
May I ask did you put any sort of coating on the glass roof?

Also did you have to do any paint correction prior to putting the ceramic coating on? If yes, did you use an orbital buffer and what polish did you use?

Sorry just one last question how has the Cquartz held up since you put it on last year?

I may practice on my 2002 Miata since the Model 3 probably won’t arrive until the end of December.

Cheers