Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DIY headlight replacement, M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I've made a parts mistake but not sure. Will try replacing right headlight and need part number 1077372-10-i and bought part number 1077372-00-G. They are both matrix style headlights. Two different compatibility charts show the replacement part is compatible. The part is in transit but I have a pit in my stomach (cost me $349. on Ebay). This for a 2019 M3. Does anyone know if it will work? I expect to have to reinstall the latest software and hope that will make it work. If not, will swapping in the old ECU to the new headlight work (and be safe)? Thanks for any information to someone smarter than me.

Those are not matrix headlights, which is good because your car does not have matrix headlights.

But it should probably be fine. There is no ECU on the lights to swap. You’ll likely need to go into service mode and do a software reinstall for the replacement light to work.

Upvote 0
Those are not matrix headlights, which is good because your car does not have matrix headlights.

But it should probably be fine. There is no ECU on the lights to swap. You’ll likely need to go into service mode and do a software reinstall for the replacement light to work.
Awesome news.
Right, my car has the reflector headlights, not matrix. I will do a software reinstall in service mode, but was worried the two headlights wouldn’t work together with those differing part numbers. I appreciate your input. TY

Upvote 0