Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anybody have the Tesla Solar Glass Roof in the MD/VA/DC area?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is one other individual who has mentioned they are currently talking to this company:

I am not sure if there exists a list, and I would not be surprised if there aren't any others in the area at the time as it seems like Tesla currently does not have too many authorized installers. AHC is the only name I've heard, and only from that thread. I believe all of the completed DC-area installs, including ours, reported in this forum so far have been direct through Tesla.

Most likely, you will get a better price from Tesla and better service from AHC, and it will be up to you to decide what the better service might be worth.
Thanks @wjgjr . AHC have been way more upfront with me about the costs which would totally blow out my budget but they want to work with me to see if we can meet halfway. The initial price from Tesla was tolerable but that was price from the automated calculations based on the size of the house. I have been trying to get a more accurate price based on the structural drawings of my roof and at this point i feel like i am chasing Tesla to consider taking my money. I have also seen people complain about Tesla jacking up the prices from their signed Purchase agreement. So far i have been lucky to not receive an email indicating a price hike is on the way, but then again i haven't heard from Tesla in response to my many calls or emails.

I'm doing a new construction in MD and I'd like to get a Tesla solar glass roof. I got a quote and system design with production that seems reasonable (18.07kw) but my wife wants to see it in person before she "oks" it.

Does anybody know where I can see one in person? I have showed her the youtube videos but she wants to see it in person.

Also, is there any negotiating as far as the type of inverters they use? I know they don't negotiate on price, but I see they used Delta inverters and I've always liked SolarEdge (just because I've used them before and don't really know anything about Delta).

Thanks in advance!
Montgomery Mall In Bethesda MD. They have a tesla dealer inside the mall on the side where the Nordstrom is. Talk to kelvin he is really nice. They have the powerwall 2 on display as well as the solar tile but I believe it's v1 or v2. V3 is one big piece instead of 3.

• Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller
Pardon me if this has already been asked before. Is there a list solar roofers in the DC/MD/VA area? I have had an incredibly difficult time trying to get any information out of Tesla in regards to getting a solar roof on an new construction in Silver Spring. I came across American Home Contractors for solar roof installation and they seem to be far more responsive. Has anyone had any experience with them? Any other solar roofers? I just want to gather as much information to make informative decisions as i am getting ready to kick off the new construction.
Talk directly with Tesla. I am currently waiting for them to come and install my roof here in Maryland. Near Olney MD. Tesla Has been really responsive whenever I call. I can give you my tesla advisor's number if you’d like.

Hi there!
Talk directly with Tesla. I am currently waiting for them to come and install my roof here in Maryland. Near Olney MD. Tesla Has been really responsive whenever I call. I can give you my tesla advisor's number if you’d like.
Hi there @Manoli16008 I was wondering what the pricing was on your system. I originally was quoted about $50K now recently got new quote and is $100K. I'm a bit frustrated and don't know what to do. I was wondering if you could share also your reps number. Mine have been horrible so far.

Hi there!

Hi there @Manoli16008 I was wondering what the pricing was on your system. I originally was quoted about $50K now recently got new quote and is $100K. I'm a bit frustrated and don't know what to do. I was wondering if you could share also your reps number. Mine have been horrible so far.
The short story is that in April, Tesla significantly increased the price of the solar roof, and your pricing change is not out of line with that. While you might be able to get some small changes in the new price based on more accurate information (like roof complexity,) it will likely end up still being very close to the new, $100k, number. Also, more recently, Tesla started requiring PWs as part of all solar sales, and I do not know if that was a factor in your increase.

If you want to see the longer story of the price increase, it is here: