Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone make sport seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is a Model Y-specific version of the UP seat coming out with less of a rise in the conversion bracket? Seems like this would have a higher driving position than stock, which is already elevated due to the built-in risers and the battery under the floor.
I would think if a person wanted such a degree of seat replacement that you could rebuild the floor mount in some way to lower it.
I have a spare stock OEM floor mount in my shop. I'm certain I could lower it without all the electrical movement. Keeping the movement would be difficult to lower.
When I look at the seat they have for the model 3, it looks hard bolted to the floor.
ASCENSION-R RACING BUCKET SEAT PACKAGE FOR TESLA MODEL 3
PRICE: $1,595.00 – $2,595.00

A fixed back bucket seat would be a horrible choice for a Model Y IMO. Better to go for something like a Recaro Sportster GT or Sportster CS. Lower bolsters, adjustable pitch, super comfortable.
Now if only UP would release their airbag "fooler" harness - but I think they've got the market cornered with that, which would lead most people to buying only their seat due to ease of installation.

Maybe it's just a simple resistor soldered in, or maybe something more difficult...