TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Does your 3 charge to 100%?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Battery & Charging' started by suzimitchell05, Sep 1, 2018.

1. suzimitchell05

suzimitchell05 New Member

My BEAUTIFUL 3 arrived yesterday and I am thrilled but have a question. I just charged it for the first time and it says the charging is complete but it is only showing 277 miles and the image doesn't even show a full charge. Has anyone else had the same experience?

Attached Files:

2. spesler

spesler Member

#2 spesler, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    The default setting is to stop charging at 90% in order to prolong battery life. Some people even choose to stop at 80%. Feel to charge to 100% for long trips, but if your commute and charging schedule allows it, leaving it at 90% is a good idea.

The other side of the coin is to avoid dropping below 10% (20% for some).

3. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

In the app (or on the car screen) move the little triangle pointer to the end of the battery. It is currently set to 90%, which is the recommended maximum for daily driving.

4. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Active Member

Welcome to the club! I love the adorable new Tesla owner questions! 90% for daily driving, 100% for long trips. If you try to charge 100% more than once, the Model 3 will give you a warning so you don't accidentally leave it at 100% for extended periods of time. Enjoy your new ride!

• Like x 1
  5. suzimitchell05

Thank you all for the quick responses! I am so in love with my new baby! #TeslaLady

6. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Please read the owners manual. It’s available on the screen (under service) and on the Tesla web site when you log in to your account. This is nothing like any car you have ever owned before.

7. suzimitchell05

TexasEV - I'll see you on the road. I work in South Austin.

8. Blu Angel

Blu Angel Member