Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door Button Decals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this up over at r/teslamotors on reddit and wanted to also share it here.

I designed some small door button decals that give a better indication of where to find the door button for new passengers. I have had way too many people naturally pull the emergency release! This has really helped my new riders figure out how to open the door on their own.

Home - Zen Custom Designs

You can also find the decal designs for free download on the site if you have access to a vinyl cutter.
front_driver.jpg

Is that the original design shown in the photo above? If so, I prefer the newer design featured on your site because the more elongated shape of the car body makes it more obvious that the image is depicting an open car door. The original looks more like a broken carabiner to me.

All three of your decal designs look nicer than some of the DIY solutions employed to either highlight the door-open button or discourage use of the emergency switch. Thanks for doing this and sharing the designs.

Is that the original design shown in the photo above? If so, I prefer the newer design featured on your site because the more elongated shape of the car body makes it more obvious that the image is depicting an open car door. The original looks more like a broken carabiner to me.

All three of your decal designs look nicer than some of the DIY solutions employed to either highlight the door-open button or discourage use of the emergency switch. Thanks for doing this and sharing the designs.

Yes the one pictured is the "original".

I am hoping to have pictures of each installed soon...we are hosting Christmas so things are a bit hectic that I haven't had time to install each design and snap pics with good lighting.

On his site, he says he's testing out various glow-in-the-dark materials for decals. Not sure how long the glow lasts after exposure to ambient light though.

Initial tests aren't that great, but I have multiple materials to test. There doesn't seem to be enough direct sunlight to the bottom to charge properly.

I have some highly reflective material on order to test as an alternative.