Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door handle woes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our driver door on our 2017 S75D - the handle was stuck IN, but the door would still work if we pushed the handle. Had remote service come out today, and now the handle is stuck OUT. We already paid $372....gonna be very unhappy if we have to pay again.

Our driver door on our 2017 S75D - the handle was stuck IN, but the door would still work if we pushed the handle. Had remote service come out today, and now the handle is stuck OUT. We already paid $372....gonna be very unhappy if we have to pay again.
In my view you shouldn't have to pay at all. Please keep me posted as I am in the process of filing a lawsuit regarding the unreliable door handle problem. I will be posting more on this widespread problem assuming Tesla continues giving me grief. All of my door handles have been replaced, several multiple times. Tesla has placed an undue burden on thousands of Model S owners and this issue should not be "an issue".

Reactions: Barry
In my view you shouldn't have to pay at all. Please keep me posted as I am in the process of filing a lawsuit regarding the unreliable door handle problem. I will be posting more on this widespread problem assuming Tesla continues giving me grief. All of my door handles have been replaced, several multiple times. Tesla has placed an undue burden on thousands of Model S owners and this issue should not be "an issue".
Any news on the lawsuit.. This is Complete BS, I'm assuming there should be some precedent in the lemon law?

Any news on the lawsuit.. This is Complete BS, I'm assuming there should be some precedent in the lemon law?
Well, I hate to say, but also glad to say, Tesla basically took care of me with minimal grief after raising an initial stink. This is the second time I've considered a lawsuit regarding the issue of unreliable door handles. They know they have issues and they are trained to respond accordingly. I'm not the type of person that simply let's things go by throwing $$$ (meaning giving in by paying the cost). Ultimately, if you can properly "prove" that Tesla is in the wrong, they will take care of you. Just depends on your level of tolerance. My tolerance level is low and I would have simply filed suite than to engage in back and forth negotiations while my car is in the shop. In the end, it is always better to resolve the issue rather than go legal and they know this. They will never volunteer a free or substantially reduced fix to the problem.

Did they happen to say what exactly they did? I'm currently in the same situation you started in.