Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dream Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your dream Tesla is like you are in Hell and you look up and see Purgatory... it really looks pretty good... but your perspective is quite limited.... 😁🤓

My view would start with an X - LR (in this scenario, I am in Purgatory already and looking upwards to something better... 😁 ) :

- Higher energy efficiency (this is a matter of physics... so may not be possible, but instead of ~312 Wh/mile, perhaps , 270 Wh/mile.) Maybe part of the solution is a lighter X, with the same volume/space: Weighing 15% less than the current model @ 5185 lbs - so say an X at 4,400 lbs...

- Longer range: instead of a rating of 335, closer to 400 would be good. Of course, I want it translated to real life numbers, not just name plate ratings... so, today's 335 miles gets me about 240-270 miles of practical range, At a 400 miles rating, I assume I will get ~300 miles of practical range.

- A slightly wider rear end (I like the look of the outside of the X from every angle except from straight back.) I would widen the hatch by ~3 inches to make it look heftier. This will enhance the aspect ratio of width vs height... similar ratio as the Y is better in my opinion.

- I would make the rear wheel camber adjustable, I would also make the tire width the same on all 4 wheels (Like the Y: same on all 4 for the LR, different front/back for the Plaid). This would just lower operating costs on tires.

- I would power the Frunk opening and closing. Maybe also the rear view mirror, so it adjusts for each person automatically.

- The horn issue has been fixed... now let's put a turn signal stalk back... it's better than the Left / Right steering wheel buttons. While we are at it, lets make the right thumbwheel adjust the Autopilot distance spacing by pressing right/left (as as the Y now.)

- DOG MODE: I have asked for this many times, but really want the screen to change from Day to Night mode as it gets dark... otherwise, dog mode at night time is a blinding white light that illuminates the inside of the car and brings undesirable attention to it... easy fix, but can't get anyone to listen....