Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driveer and passenger seat switchable ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello there.

I was wondering recently, if it's doable to exchange the driver and passenger seat in the roadster.

My driver seat is getting "tired" and would need to be redone by a seat rebuilder. But that would certainly need a week or so, and as it's my daily driver I cannot easily jut let the car rest in the garage. So I thought that maybe it would be possible to remove the driver seat, and after that put the passenger seat as a temporarly replacement.

Anybody did such a thing yet ??

Best regards ;)

I don’t think you could swap the driver and passenger seats in a 1.5; the lumbar support is connected differently and the passenger seat doesn’t slide to adjust the seating position. I don’t think the lumbar support is the same in the 2.x models, but I imagine the seating position adjustment is the same.

• Informative
Reactions: Rolf68
While we're on the subject of seats, does anyone know how to repair or replace the seat heater in the bottom of the seat? Mine died but the back of the seat still works. I checked the resistance of the wires to the bottom and it was completely open. The back is about 15 ohms for each power level.

On the 2.0 / 2.5 you can lift the bottom cushion from the rear as it has velcro on the sides, and is only glued in the front. The leather is glued to the seat foam, so you will need to carefully use a heat gun to soften the adhesive. The 1.5 has no separate center cushion and is adhered on the sides as well.

• Informative
Reactions: dhrivnak and Rolf68