Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model S seat adjustment issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently took delivery of the Model S Plaid and immediately noticed that the front seats (both driver and passenger sides) do not incline forward as much as those in other vehicles. The recline only tilts up to around 100 degrees or so (measured from 0 degrees at horizontal), giving the sensation of sitting a bit reclined back. Although you can adjust the seat using buttons to bring it somewhat to 90%, I find this seat position less than ideal, particularly when driving on a track or for sporty driving purposes. I observed the same issue in other displayed Model S (2024) vehicles. Additionally, I own a 2024 Model X and have previously owned a Model S (2016), Model S (2018), and Model Y (2020). All of their seats incline towards the front at less than 90 degrees, allowing for more space from the rear passenger if needed (adjusting the recline seat towards the front). Even my loaner during troubleshooting for this issue (Model 3 Plus) inclines just fine (less than 90%).

I brought it in for service, and they came back saying, "the seat calibration has been performed successfully." I spoke with Tesla salespeople, but they didn't seem to understand the actual issue. Basically the car came back with no change with the same issue.

If there is anyone out there who owns a 2024 Tesla Model S, please verify your seat angle. I am not sure if there is the same issue found on 2021 - 2023 Model S. I need your help to first check if this issue only happens with my Model S Plaid (2024) or if it's not an issue in "Tesla's eyes." Otherwise, I wish there is a way to report this problem to Tesla, hoping they can officially evaluate and find a solution if improvements are needed at top level. (Obviously, a local TESKA repair center didn't help).

Thank you for your help in advance.

I bet you probably tried this, but have you adjusted the angle of the seat bottom?
Hi there, thanks for your attention to this thread. Yes, indeed. The fundamental issue is that a recline seat (top) does not fold forward enough, causing you to always sit 'back'. While you can adjust the seat bottom tilted towards the front, doing so increases your seat 'height' too much, which is not a comfortable position either. Nevertheless, the range of the adjustable seat angle is certainly abnormal... :(