Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dumb question about wheels & TPMS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I currently have stock 19" silver slipstream wheels.
I much prefer the ride on 19" wheels vs 21" wheels/tires.

I am in the market for some new wheels, probably just the Gray/Carbon Tesla wheels.

Question.
If I find some Tesla wheels that come with TPMS do I just install them and they all work?
Or do I need to do some kind of "wheel maintenance" so the car knows to look for the new sensors.
Can I switch back and forth between my two sets of wheels/tires (summer/winter) and have both work?

Thanks, Nick.

How can I determine what Gen sensors I have.
July 2018 build.

You can just call your SC and they will tell you what frequency you need. there is 3 or 4 different frequencies for my P85D so I called them and they told me what ones I need. Strangely enough after pricing around the various auto parts stores the ones tesla sold were the lowest price by far, I got all 4 TPMS for $50

You can just call your SC and they will tell you what frequency you need. there is 3 or 4 different frequencies for my P85D so I called them and they told me what ones I need. Strangely enough after pricing around the various auto parts stores the ones tesla sold were the lowest price by far, I got all 4 TPMS for $50

i dont know how you got that price but its usually more at tesla. I think $40 each?