Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edmonton Waiting List

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just paid the balance on my Tesla (hasn't shown up yet on the site) and I get an email telling me to provide proof of insurance for priority delivery. But they haven't even provided a VIN. I've already accepted the TeslaVision prompt, soooo....what am I to do without an actual VIN?

probably a stupid question.. but when you pick up your new car. they give you a new license plate and the car is fully registered right?
Is this temporary? if so.. how long does that last for before you have to register it yourself?

I want to transfer my current registration/license to the new tesla.. wondering if i need to bring my license plate lol

Last edited:
probably a stupid question.. but when you pick up your new car. they give you a new license plate and the car is fully registered right?
Is this temporary? if so.. how long does that last for before you have to register it yourself?

I want to transfer my current registration/license to the new tesla.. wondering if i need to bring my license plate lol
When you ordered the car, it asked if you will be transferring plates. If you opted for a new plate, you will be charged a License Fee and they will ask you to come in prior to delivery to sign some paperwork to give Tesla consent to obtain a new plate on your behalf. If you did not opt for a new plate and will transfer, you can bring your own plate. You will need to transfer registration after delivery with the Bill of Sale. You have up to 14 days to transfer your registration after delivery.

On a side note, just saw a M3 white/white dropped off at the SC today.

Reactions: oatman778
thank
When you ordered the car, it asked if you will be transferring plates. If you opted for a new plate, you will be charged a License Fee and they will ask you to come in prior to delivery to sign some paperwork to give Tesla consent to obtain a new plate on your behalf. If you did not opt for a new plate and will transfer, you can bring your own plate. You will need to transfer registration after delivery with the Bill of Sale. You have up to 14 days to transfer your registration after delivery.

On a side note, just saw a M3 white/white dropped off at the SC today.
thanks for the heads up!