Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Energy Efficiency and Cost Spreadsheet + Chart

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made a spreadsheet with charts to track my energy usage including my previous ICE car's fuel consumption. It's amazing how efficient the Model 3 really is and the kWh equivalent of gasoline chart really shows how much less energy you're consuming by switching to an efficient EV car.

The chart shows my home gas and electric as well as car gasoline usage and costs for about a year and a half up until I switched to my Model 3 Standard Range Plus on May 10th.

I will be updating the sheet as my future electric bills roll in. Also I didn't have TOU plan activated for the May electric bill period, but that will be reflected on my June bill so the cost should go down starting with the June bill.

Tesla Model 3 SR+ Energy Usage

Reactions: Tam and TORQU3
Good idea. I've kept track of my electric bill and compared the increase year over year since T3Z was delivered in Nov and as of yesterday I'm at $55 a month increase, or roughly 53¢ a day. Beats paying $280/month in gas on my old F150.

Generation losses are an important but separate topic.

The interesting bit from this data is that the Tesla Model 3 is vastly more efficient compared to my old ICE. It's consuming far less energy.

Generation efficiency is another part of the equation and we're already quickly moving to renewables in that field.

"For First Time, Renewables Surpass Coal in U.S. Power Mix"
Tesla on Twitter