Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ENGINE UPGRADE FROM S85 to P85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello I just installed P motor on my workshop today... Original was S85... I have question to those who program tesla cars... DO you have any list of configuration for tesla models? We have to find right one to code engine to the system... Can anybody write what is the procedure to code new engine in to the sytem? How to find right number of the configuration?

Hello I just installed P motor on my workshop today... Original was S85... I have question to those who program tesla cars... DO you have any list of configuration for tesla models? We have to find right one to code engine to the system... Can anybody write what is the procedure to code new engine in to the sytem? How to find right number of the configuration?

You need the firmware for the inverter from another P car, and your packfuse needs to support the rated amperage that a P motor demands after you flash the firmware.

Good luck!

OK but the firmware is with inverter as i understand... And we made redeploy of the software and it didn t get the new drive unit... We have changed configuration but we cant find right one... When we pick other numbers it show S60 o P85 for example but the battery shows 0 for example... So how to find right number for configuration with P engine?

Well after short battle we finally set P85 version of the car. However redeploy of the software doesnt work. System return errors such as DCDC not present... With is stupid... Car was in perfect running condition we just unmount s85 engine and install p85... What DCDC have something about that ? Software version is 9.0 we think of load 9.2 but as some of you know... There is a problem with back door with that soft... Any suggestions?