Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[EU] CHAdeMO charging issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

widodh

Model S 100D and Y LR
Jan 23, 2011
Venlo, NL
I've got a new S100D since September this year, but I haven't been able to use it with my CHAdeMO adapter. This adapter works just fine on my S85 from 2013, but it won't work on my new Model S.

I tried it recently at Fastned: Fastned

IMG_2145.jpeg IMG_2144.jpeg IMG_2143.jpeg

As my car set set to Dutch, let me translate: "Charging cable not properly connected, fully insert the cable"

I tried to remove it a couple of times, pushed a bit harder, no luck.

At the Fastned charging stations there are also CHAdeMO adapters provided by them, so I tried that one. Did not work either.

Did anybody else experience this?

I've got a new S100D since September this year, but I haven't been able to use it with my CHAdeMO adapter. This adapter works just fine on my S85 from 2013, but it won't work on my new Model S.

I tried it recently at Fastned: Fastned

View attachment 349981 View attachment 349985 View attachment 349987

As my car set set to Dutch, let me translate: "Charging cable not properly connected, fully insert the cable"

I tried to remove it a couple of times, pushed a bit harder, no luck.

At the Fastned charging stations there are also CHAdeMO adapters provided by them, so I tried that one. Did not work either.

Did anybody else experience this?

I suspect you have the Mk1 Chademo adapter, they have updated it and the new Mk2 version works for all cars. I can't remember the year of change over but 2013 was defiantly a Mk1 era.

• Informative
Reactions: widodh
I suspect you have the Mk1 Chademo adapter, they have updated it and the new Mk2 version works for all cars. I can't remember the year of change over but 2013 was defiantly a Mk1 era.
Could be, by adapter is very old indeed.

But it seems to work now with my 100D after many tries. I am not sure if its reliable though.

I went through a batch of Mk2 adapters as the first 4 I tried would not even latch with the charging station plug at 8 different stations, looked like QC checks were not carried out properly.

Is yours a pre facelift 100D? Not sure but that may well be the change over point to the Mk2 adapter.