Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVs at Best Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Too many people riding through traffic on the street without a helmet.
It is bad enough on a bicycle, but with a motor assist, even more dangerous.

Some of those electric scooters don't even have pedals, so does that make them considered a motorcycle rather than a "moped" or motorized bicycle? I guess the related helmet laws vary by region, but still not a good idea to ride something like that in traffic without a helmet.

http://www.electric-scooters-fun.com/Safety-Helmets.htm

At 5:36 it looks like someone is rolling through a stop right past a bus that you can't see around (e.g.: blind). What if there was a runner or another scooter zooming past the front of the bus right at that moment?

Last edited:
I'm with you TEG.

My mother owns a bike shop in Catalina. The nature of people on bicycles who do not ride everyday is dangerous.

Give them electric-assist and you let someone who could not physically peddle up a hill... have downhill speed. It then becomes a motorcycle and should require training/licensing.

Too many people riding through traffic on the street without a helmet.
It is bad enough on a bicycle, but with a motor assist, even more dangerous.
Wonk waaaa

DebbieDownerRachaelDratch.jpg

You're enjoying your day
Everything's going your way
Then along comes Debbie Downer.

Always there to tell you 'bout a new disease
A car accident or killer bees
You'll beg her to spare you, "Debbie, Please!"
But you can't stop Debbie Downer!

Actually "Grumpy Gus" would be more gender appropriate.

In any case, I know too many people who got hurt riding those things.

Last edited by a moderator:
She's probably the best speaker in the EV space there is.

I went into my local Best Buy yesterday, No E transportation or even knowledge of it. Would love it if they put charges out front.
OK, I would love it if anyone put chargers out front but at least it makes a lot of sense for Best Buy with they way they are going.

Little update on this. After some news that Best Buy was moving forward with this (Best Buy considers EV sales | The Car Tech blog - CNET Reviews) more recently is sounds like they're taking a step back:

Best Buy banishing Brammo, other EVs from stores | Sustainable Business Oregon
Best Buy took a stab at selling electric vehicles along with electric gadgets, but the retailer is changing its strategy pulling electric two-wheelers, including those from Ashland-based Brammo, from stores.
In the mean time, more evidence EVs are dangerous.

Last edited by a moderator: