Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Excessive brake dust?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered this today. I'll report back after I apply and assess its qualities (or lack of).
View attachment 552915
After about a weeks worth of driving after applying Max Coat Wheel Guard from Chemical Brothers, it seems to have cut down on the amount of brake dust sticking to my wheels. It’s pretty easy to apply; it’s a goopy green slimy substance that you wipe on, let dry for 15 minutes or so, and wipe off with a microfiber towel. This is a ‘short term use’ review, so I’ll update the thread if I’m not happy with the long term results. Available on Amazon. Lots of reviews there; some not so flattering so, like me, buy at your own risk and peril. One bit of good advice - if you buy this, WEAR LATEX GLOVES TO APPLY IT.

I have a non P X Raven. Not doing as many miles as OP, but 1500 miles in a month and they seem normal (for new brakes) to me. Some dust, but not bad or unusual.

What wh/mi is OP getting (and speeds). That would give a hint on how spirited they drive. My lifetime is 280 wh/mi. Typical highway is 65 mph.
Interesting - have a non P X (Raven ? ) from Dec 2019 / Jan 2020 - lifetime over 25k miles is 360 and climbing - I never got the advertised range - always feel like car is on brakes - recently I noticed the front wheels brakes are really dusty while the back are completely clean - I almost never wash the car ( sorry :) ) - what would explain the uneven wear ? I try not to use the brakes and rather use regen