Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fair discount for buy back P90DL?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, what do you think would be a fair discount for a lemon buy-back 2016 P90DL? Based on KBB, ect, mid-range trade in value is $64k before any discount. The issues had been fixed before current owner with no related problems since resold.

Thanks rj, I believe it has the manufacturer buy-back on the title but the owner hasn't received it from DMV yet after pay-off. In fact, it must have a lemon title because Carvana shows a discount of over double that for "mechanical defects". Carvana is the only site that shows that BTW.

If I get it, I don't plan on selling for a long time but by then the trade in value will be tiny. The owner said he had a trade in offer at the non-discount price but I'm guessing whoever made the offer didn't know about the title status.

I'm not afraid of buying a lemon with the issues fixed. It's in great shape with no current issues and I want it but this throws a wrench in it for sure. I'll see what the seller is willing to do.

I had a 2016 90D MX that was bought back by Tesla after spending 43 days in the shop in 9 months of ownership. Honestly, 2016 vs 2018 are completely different vehicles. 2018 is much more solid, much more put together. My 2016 had severe image ghosting at night and my wife refused to drive the car. Ninety battery pack also has excessive degradation issues. I know price point is different, but I wouldn’t buy a 2016. Just my 0.02.