Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Considering buying a model x plaid. Worth it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just look at the competition coming in 2024. Tesla simply cannot afford to upkeep the current prices. The other alternative is that Tesla will come up with a refresh for S/X that is again priced higher, but then you are left with the alternative to buy the earlier 2023 models for cheap or wait 2 more years to skip the bleeding edge overpriced new refresh, before the next refresh. As you can see, Tesla simply cannot increase the prices due to the 2024 competition that is finally arriving. Tesla can only improve their quality and lower their prices.
Let’s hope so, quality has gone up, but not BMW or MB level considering how many cars they are pumping out of the factories. European manufacturers can’t compete with Tesla manufacturing, they have a set price and snooty attitude towards their branding. I doubt their will be a refresh anytime soon. The earliest would be 2026 if any changes to the body. CyberTruck concept and what it looks like is kind of disappointing. I just would like to see the S or X runs as efficiently as possible like the M3 & MY. Did a road trip with MYLR with A/c was 225 to 243 kHw p/h .

Just look at the competition coming in 2024. Tesla simply cannot afford to upkeep the current prices. The other alternative is that Tesla will come up with a refresh for S/X that is again priced higher, but then you are left with the alternative to buy the earlier 2023 models for cheap or wait 2 more years to skip the bleeding edge overpriced new refresh, before the next refresh. As you can see, Tesla simply cannot increase the prices due to the 2024 competition that is finally arriving. Tesla can only improve their quality and lower their prices.
Stop. There is no competition. Tesla is in a league of its own. People don’t want an EV. They want a Tesla. There is no cross shopping being done. Everything else is comparable to a gold-plated flip phone

I don’t need the speed, but I’d like the option to have the speed. The difference in 6 passenger LR vs Plaid is about $3k ish.
I guess everyone's use case is different - I had a MYP for a year and rarely used the "performance" part of it except a few times when I wanted to see what it was all about. I did like the bigger wheels and lower stance but outside of that it wasn't really necessary

I guess everyone's use case is different - I had a MYP for a year and rarely used the "performance" part of it except a few times when I wanted to see what it was all about. I did like the bigger wheels and lower stance but outside of that it wasn't really necessary
Yes MYP was nice, not a fan of the bigger rim on a smaller car. The 21’s hurt the range. The stance could have been a little lower or air suspension option would have been nice.