Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fan Controller Problem service required

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Twice, in two weeks in late September, this error message occurred on Roadster #425 (1.5, year 2008);
Fan Controller Problem service required.
ID: 1207
Data: QX35001080
I had noticed that the cooling motor located near the passenger side of the PEM is noisy then quiets down. Like a squealing of a bad bearing.
I contacted our local Seattle SC and brought it in for diagnosis. They determined the Roadster faults traced back to the motor cooling and PEM cooling fans. The estimate was $1,217 (parts plus labor) to replace the following;
Parts:
6001136 - ASY, BLOWER MOUNT, MOTOR COOLING, 56C
$279.97
1003208-00-A - ASY,BLOWER FAN,SINGLE UNIT MOTOR PEM
$593.66

Got the Roadster back this Friday. The final invoice came in less at $871. AND the cooling fan sounds MUCH better! The Seattle team is tops.
Love this car, drives like a demon.

Attachments

• LundyRoadster.jpg
    LundyRoadster.jpg
    442.1 KB · Views: 96
Twice, in two weeks in late September, this error message occurred on Roadster #425 (1.5, year 2008);
I had noticed that the cooling motor located near the passenger side of the PEM is noisy then quiets down. Like a squealing of a bad bearing.
I contacted our local Seattle SC and brought it in for diagnosis. They determined the Roadster faults traced back to the motor cooling and PEM cooling fans. The estimate was $1,217 (parts plus labor) to replace the following;
Parts:
$279.97
$593.66

Got the Roadster back this Friday. The final invoice came in less at $871. AND the cooling fan sounds MUCH better! The Seattle team is tops.

Ouch that's expensive!

Parts:
$279.97
$593.66

I hadn't driven my #413 for 10 days while I was on a trip, the car now has this same error message.
Can I safely drive the car until it's fixed?
Is there anything i can look at or do myself?
Thank you.
Gary

Last edited: