Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fan noise from MCU

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I recently got the main center screen replaced on 2016 Model X P90D from Tesla service center and after picking up the car, I immediately noticed a noise coming from the screen. It sounded like static noise but after showing it to the tech they said it was the fan for the MCU. They said it was happening on a lot of cars and that they are still trying to find a fix for it. I didn't have the noise before and they didn't replace the MCU just the screen. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a fix for it? It is really annoying and doesn't even turn off when the car is powered off. The only way to get the fan to turn off was to hold both steering buttons down to reset the screen and then it comes on again after screen reboots. This is my first post on this forum so I apologize if I posted in the wrong area. Thank You.

Mine is 75d built 10/18, got the same thing [ notice recently] it might was there all the time, however, i was told it is normal, and like u said they knew is still working while the car is off, but also does not drain any battery that what i notice

Any updates on this. Just picked up a 2019 pre-raven MX and I am noticing a really loud constant fan noise from behind the MCU that was not there on our previous 2016 MX. To me it sounds similar to a laptop when that is trying to cool itself from overheating.