Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Feedback on 2018+ ventilated seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I'm considering the purchase of an inventory X 6 seat P100D with the newer style ventilated white seats. It currently has a little over 4K miles on it, and based on the current condition, the interior probably hasn't been well cared for, which is no surprise for a demo vehicle.

I've searched and read the earlier threads about white interior, and the older ventilated seats, but have found little info about the durability of the newer ventilated design (aside from statements that it should be better).

I had a few questions, mostly for those who own or have owned these seats for a while:
1) Are there any major improvements in durability or resistance to staining/color transfer compared to the old seats? I've seen the photos showing the new/old designs, but looking for real-world experience.
2) On this particular X, the fabric area around some of the seat belt receptacles is very dirty. Any tips or tricks for cleaning this fabric? For those of you who generally keep the car clean, is this a problem area, or is it most likely dirty since it was a demo car?
3) The "hump" where the USB port is located between the third row seats is dirty as well - is this material (plastic?) easy to clean? Is the white color a coating that could be removed if a harsh cleaner is used?
4) If you were purchasing this car, which has the "normal" denim transfer on the driver seat, would you have Tesla try to clean it prior to delivery, or clean it after purchase to make sure that nothing too harsh is used?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

Reactions: dragonxt