Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket ventilated seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good info thanks. I have been researching as well and I had a really great sales experience with Katzkin. They had no issue sending me as many samples as I requested. I wanted something light since I live in AZ, they sent me 4 samples of what I was looking for. Settled on pearl white and going the ventilated ac option. They told me the sensors will not be affected for the airbags. The total Price all in with tax and both front seats with the perforated leather and ac/heat option, and back seat in full perforated leather will be $3400. Getting it done august 2. I will update with pics.

Reactions: VipinLJ
@DMNAZ - Not bad for what you are getting. I'd likely go with the AC/heat option too. A trick to use with Katzkin is don't order right away after you get a quote. Give it a week or so and they'll usually send you a discount coupon for several hundred dollars. Another way to go is a group buy with them. I did that once before and they gave us a very good price.

Please post pics when done.

@DMNAZ - Not bad for what you are getting. I'd likely go with the AC/heat option too. A trick to use with Katzkin is don't order right away after you get a quote. Give it a week or so and they'll usually send you a discount coupon for several hundred dollars. Another way to go is a group buy with them. I did that once before and they gave us a very good price.

Please post pics when done.
Thanks, that’s exactly what I did. I will be sure to post pics when done.

Well I said that I would post a review of the leather seat upgrade that I did on my car. After driving that car for about a month and a half in Texas 100F heat, I can say without a doubt that the difference is substantial. My wife and I both notice that the seats "breath" so much better. No more sweaty backs and legs due to sitting on the old plastic "vegan" seats. The color is a little lighter than the cream color that is in the Model S that we have but not as white as OEM. I'm glad that I paid a professional to do this job. I'm certain that I could have done it as I'm very mechanically inclined but it took him a fraction of the time that it would have taken me. If anyone is on the fence about this and you live in very hot climates, give it a shot and you won't be disappointed.

View attachment 958539View attachment 958541

Thanks for this, heat here in GA is almost unbearable so I'm glad these actually help.

Just ordered some from tsportline and was qouted roughly around the same installed at their ATL location.

Will post follow up once theyre done

Thanks, that’s exactly what I did. I will be sure to post pics when done.
Ok so I got my seats installed from the recommended Katzkin installer inPhoenix. Turned out great. Here are some pics, not a great photographer sorry, the seats are pearl white with black stitching. The ventilated cool seats are adequate, much better than not having it. I would get that option again.

Attachments

• 921001FD-4ADD-48D3-9EE3-5FEFE8BB9FFC.jpeg
    921001FD-4ADD-48D3-9EE3-5FEFE8BB9FFC.jpeg
    423.3 KB · Views: 175
  • 26850AAD-E5F1-48AA-8084-B74AE7D9722A.jpeg
    26850AAD-E5F1-48AA-8084-B74AE7D9722A.jpeg
    483.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 9A7BFD45-EE29-4147-8088-4100D61893BB.jpeg
    9A7BFD45-EE29-4147-8088-4100D61893BB.jpeg
    592.7 KB · Views: 145
As the Tesla seat is not breathable, I would recommend our seat cover, which is made of premium nappa leather with a breathable design at the backrest. and it fully covers the OEM seats and reserved airbag position. The seat cover not only protects your original seat from peeling or dyeing, but is also breathable and sweat-proof.
Another option for sweat-proofing in the summer is the seat pads, which are made of flax and ice silk, which is a great add-on for sweating guys.

As the Tesla seat is not breathable, I would recommend our seat cover, which is made of premium nappa leather with a breathable design at the backrest. and it fully covers the OEM seats and reserved airbag position.

?? The description on your site says "PVA leather," which, of course, is neither leather nor breathable. It's also a cover, over the non breathable OEM seats. How does that help with breathability?

Reactions: Rockstop and Yeslak
?? The description on your site says "PVA leather," which, of course, is neither leather nor breathable. It's also a cover, over the non breathable OEM seats. How does that help with breathability?
It was a typo, I think it is PVC. Thanks for reminding me. The breathable design at the backrest is for ventilation.
1691210276200.png

Ok so I got my seats installed from the recommended Katzkin installer inPhoenix. Turned out great. Here are some pics, not a great photographer sorry, the seats are pearl white with black stitching. The ventilated cool seats are adequate, much better than not having it. I would get that option again.
I've had good results with Katzkin on a pickup truck and I'm working with them now to order a set for my MY. I have a couple of questions if I may:
  • How does your MY handle the fact that your factory heated seats are now disconnected? Does it generate warnings? What happens if you inadvertently hit the seat heaters from the MY display?
  • Where did you put your heat/cool switch? (They are recommending the side of the seat, but I wasn't sure how visible the control would be.)
-

I've had good results with Katzkin on a pickup truck and I'm working with them now to order a set for my MY. I have a couple of questions if I may:
  • How does your MY handle the fact that your factory heated seats are now disconnected? Does it generate warnings? What happens if you inadvertently hit the seat heaters from the MY display?
  • Where did you put your heat/cool switch? (They are recommending the side of the seat, but I wasn't sure how visible the control would be.)
-
Why, Dave,

Allow me to answer some of your (my) questions given the fact that I just installed Katzkin seats on my 2023 MY:

My installer left the original factory seat heaters in place, so you can use them independently of the Katzkin switch (and most conveniently, continue to use the factory seat heaters via the Tesla App on your phone to pre-heat, or in the car with the screen). And.. if you're REALLY cold, you can use both the factory heaters AND the Katzkin heaters at the same time (just be sure to turn one off/down when you smell bacon -- when used together, they sizzle :) ).

The heat/cool switch is somewhat inconveniently located on the side of the seat itself (between the seat and the door). You can't see the switch, which is inconvenient, but you can hear the fans when the cooled seats are operating. The upside, is that you don't get any of the light pollution in the cabin like I get with the switches installed in my pickup truck.

-- Dave