Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My plan is AFTER 36 months is completed start looking at trade-in with Tesla or selling private during the 4th year.

I’m still taking a 96 month loan tho

Just can’t decide whether to put money down to lower payment (10K) or just do $0 down and eat the high payment for the 4 yrs ugh
Did you got trade in offer from Tesla on M3? It’s long range ?
In also thinking of upgrading to MY

Still waiting as of last Wednesday.

They did it about 2 weeks ago and it was $66,700. I just forgot to write down numbers before deleted the trade in to compare not doing it so did it again. Maybe they're ignoring my request as I just did one lol

Ya, M3 LR 2022
That's too low especially when the current prince was 77k plus and now no new order until 2023.
What's the current mileage?

That's too low especially when the current prince was 77k plus and now no new order until 2023.
4480 kms; yes too low but just wanted to see the tax-savings part of it to offset the monthly.

Kinda torn with doing :

$0 down and $10K down..

I plan on trading/selling the Y in 4yrs as well.

For some reason $0 down I save $3800 over 4 years as opposed to $10K down....

4480 kms; yes too low but just wanted to see the tax-savings part of it to offset the monthly.

Kinda torn with doing :

$0 down and $10K down..

I plan on trading/selling the Y in 4yrs as well.

For some reason $0 down I save $3800 over 4 years as opposed to $10K down....
Try to sell to used car dealers who do auto loans also. They will add the tax savings as a trade-in amount for your auto loan if you go with them.

Does each bank run a credit check or just tesla when going through the Tesla application. Are they checking both Transunion and Equifax or just one bureau?
Yes. All banks, credit unions etc run a credit checks to know your income-debt ratio.

If you are shopping for a good rate then try a used car dealer who does auto loans they will let you know the best rates without doing a credit check.

If you approach banks, credit unions they will run the credit before looking at your file.

Does each bank run a credit check or just tesla when going through the Tesla application. Are they checking both Transunion and Equifax or just one bureau?
Sorry read that wrong. When Tesla does it it's 1 hard hit on Credit.

If you call around you'll be accumulating hard hits on your Credit bureaus for each bank and or dealer you want it "checked" for interest rate.

If you know your credit score like I do, you can call around to various and ask them what they're lowest rate would be if you have a very high credit score. They'll respond with, "the lowest we can offer would be..." followed by "but we'd have to check your credit score."

Again if you know what it is, just ask them that. I did like 5 banks already. Economy is a mess even with a 858 CS.

Each bank will run a hard credit check. However, I believe there is a 14 day window starting with the first credit check where any other hard pulls will not impact your credit score. This provision is to allow people to shop around for the best rate without destroying their credit rating.

I am currently on a work permit in canada. I am planning to do a $7500
down payment for Model 3. I have a credit score of 638. Will I get
approved for financing?

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

No one will have the answer if you will be approved. There are so many variables that come into play besides just credit score such as income, credit utilization, length of credit etc. A buddy of mine works in credit approving different types of loans. He's told me even people with a credit score of 800+ get declined. For your score of 638 that is in the fair bracket which means you may qualify but at a higher percentage rate. Best of luck and enjoy the new ride buddy.

Sweet, seems to be the the trend 5.66 lately

Putting mine in tomorrow ironically
856 859 respectively

Though I prefer my 3.1% I got last December for my M3 ugh
No kidding eh. Crazy how much the rates have changed since ordering.

Definitely do it tomorrow, in the past Tesla updated rates on the 1st of the month and since BOC is anticipated to increase 0.75% again on Sept 7th they might pre-emptively increase. The approval was almost instant initially and then the email reply was under 30 mins, very speedy I must say.