Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flies coming into house after Solar Roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weird, but the number of flies that come into the house has gone up significantly. Especially on hotter days and when cooking something fragrant inside.
Any ideas on the source of entry? Ridge vent? microwave vent? I havent been in the attic yet to see anything.

I bbq’d today and finished it in the oven. House smelled (wonderful) and over the course of 2 hrs, I killed 8 flies. I noticed under the eaves there are small gaps which i will caulk. The ridge vent is new and runs the whole length of the house. I dont know if there is a screen for that. Ill climb up into the attic next week.

Could you have an opening big enough for a rodent to get into the attic and die? Generally flies wouldn't come in without something really attracting them (and I don't think BBQ counts as good as it smells to us). Most roofs and attic vents have big enough openings for flies to come in if they want to. It would be strange for a solar roof to make it worse.