Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Space Coast 2020 Model Y Performance for Sale $57K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Blue, red T badging, front facing PPF, factory matched tint on driver and passenger windows, tow hitch and FSD. 52K miles. Excellent condition, good rubber, zero accidents or claims. Garage kept. $57,000.00

Attachments

• 20210801_155140.jpg
    20210801_155140.jpg
    538.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 20210801_155956.jpg
    20210801_155956.jpg
    369.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 20210801_155109.jpg
    20210801_155109.jpg
    444.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 20210801_155052.jpg
    20210801_155052.jpg
    667.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 20210801_155039.jpg
    20210801_155039.jpg
    670.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 20210801_155027.jpg
    20210801_155027.jpg
    652 KB · Views: 82
  • 20210801_155014.jpg
    20210801_155014.jpg
    750.3 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: Ciaopec
There are a few red flags as I have been doing an inquiry in private messages. Car title is said to be titled in Minnesota but pictures show a Florida plate and registration where he has reportedly since moved but has the Minnesota title in hand with noted lien from USAA. Owner claims that the title did not change to a Florida title because of a lien from USAA out of Minnesota. This does not add up as Florida requires that the car be inspected and a Florida title issued before a plate and registration will be issued as shown in the pictures. Owner is reluctant to meeting at a USAA branch to handle the money/car exchange that is 2 hours away but had claimed that he loves driving the car and that is why it has over 51,000 miles in less than a year.

Last edited:
There are a few red flags as I have been doing an inquiry in private messages. Car title is said to be titled in Minnesota but pictures show a Florida plate and registration where he has reportedly since moved but has the Minnesota title in hand with noted lien from USAA. Owner claims that the title did not change to a Florida title because of a lien from USAA out of Minnesota. This does not add up as Florida requires that the car be inspected and a Florida title issued before a plate and registration will be issued as shown in the pictures. Owner is reluctant to meeting at a USAA branch to handle the money/car exchange that is 2 hours away but had claimed that he loves driving the car and that is why it has over 51,000 miles in less than a year.
1. Please consult FL DMV to understand that you can register a vehicle in that state as a new resident when the out of state Lein holder has not/will not transferred the title.
2. The vehicle has already been appraised and an offer for trade-in from Tesla on my newer Tesla. I don't think if anything was sketchy that Tesla would do this. Previously all vehicle sales I have done where there's still an active Lein were accomplished bank-to-bank (which user "Evoforce" stated that would be a problem)
3. I am not reluctant to drive 2 hours to a FL USAA branch and I am the sole owner of the vehicle for the last 19 months. User "Evoforce" stated that he would have truble securing funds from his 2 banks and so this to me is a "red flag".

I would ask that you delete this posting as it is highly derogatory.

3. As I relayed to user "Evoforce" I have been the sole owner of the vehicle since receiving the vehicle in Minnesota on 28 March 2020 - almost 19 months ago.
That doesn't clear up the title, plates and registration discrepancies as shown in the pictures. You cannot have a title from Minnesota and not change it to a Florida title when you register it for Florida plates and registration as the car is pictured.

It also has to go through a vehicle inspection at that time. The explanation that you provided does not hold water. You said because the car has a lien on it through USAA while you lived in Minnesota, that when you moved to Florida, because of the lien it did not get a title transfer to Florida. Something is wrong here... It would still have to have a title transfer to florida with the lien reinstated in the new Florida title.

You also said that USAA did not have a branch in Florida to do the transaction. I have cash and never said I had any trouble with paying for the car other than making sure that I didn't pay off a loan and not have a legitimate title and car produced at that time.

You flatly told me that USAA had no branches in Florida until I checked on that and found that they do. Then it was, well.. it is a two hour drive so you were reluctant to do so and wanted to do it by my wiring my money to USAA to pay off your lien. That does not give me a secure position. I stated that I would meet you and pay at your bank branch as you signed over the title and signed a bill of sale and a power of Attorney related specifically to said car as I paid off your loan while the bank issued me a release of lien and you turn over the car. I mentioned that if I provided a cashiers check that there would be a hold.

Even though I work for the government I do not qualify to open an account with USAA so I asked you to contact your branch to see what we could do.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: El joe and jebinc
That doesn't clear up the title, plates and registration discrepancies as shown in the pictures. You cannot have a title from Minnesota and not change it to a Florida title when you register it for Florida plates and registration as the car is pictured.

It also has to go through a vehicle inspection at that time. The explanation that you provided does not hold water. You said because the car has a lien on it through USAA while you lived in Minnesota, that when you moved to Florida, because of the lien it did not get a title transfer to Florida. Something is wrong here... It would still have to have a title transfer to florida with the lien reinstated in the new Florida title. You also said that USAA did not have a branch in Florida to do the transaction. I have cash and never said I had any trouble with paying for the car other than makingsure that I didn't pay off a loan and not have a legitimat title and car produced at that time.
There was zero inspection, only VIN verification at the DMV. How many vehicles have you registered or titled in Florida?

There was zero inspection, only VIN verification at the DMV. How many vehicles have you registered or titled in Florida?
Obviously, I have titled the same number as you, that equals zero for both of us...

This is a high dollar item and a high level of trust needs to be established. You said you would pay off YOUR lien but wanted to charge me $2500 to clear up your lien, lol. I asked you in private to provide more info to clear up these red flags. You sent me no documentation and appeared to back out.

Last edited: