Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Sale 2016.5 Model S 90d 28,000 Miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2016.5 90D Model S manufactured 11/2016 that I am considering selling.

Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Solid Black
19" Silver Slipstream Wheels
Full Self-Driving Capability
No Ludicrous
Premium Upgrades Package
Free Unlimited Supercharging
Premium Connectivity, Free Unlimited
19" Slipstream Wheels
All Glass Panoramic Roof
Tan Next Generation Seats
Light Headliner
Battery Range Upgrade
Figured Ash Wood Decor
Ultra High Fidelity Sound Package
Subzero Weather Package

Original Vehicle Price $106,950.
I purchased it used, private party.
I'm asking $70,000.

Car = $56,756.25
Upgrades Since October 2020 = $13243.75
4 Year Tesla ESP Warranty Expires 12/24 = $4750
Infotainment Upgd = $2,693.75
Full Self Driving = $5000
Tires = $800.00
Total = $70,000

I bought this in October while on a wait list for an ICE vehicle. There were cheaper Tesla's out there, but this one had everything I wanted: larger battery, Free Supercharging, Free Premium Connectivity and (at the time) Enhanced auto pilot. Plus it was still within factory warranty so that I could purchase the extended warranty. I really like the car. If I could afford it and my ICE car, I would definitely keep them both. After 14 months of waiting, I finally got the call last week to place my order for my ICE car. Not trying to make a profit, just looking to break even. This tesla currently has 27,946 miles.

thumbnail_window sticker2.jpg
Software (Small)2.jpg
Additional Vehicle Information (Small)2.jpg
Backseat (Small).jpg
Front Driver Side (Small).jpg
Front Interior (Small).jpg
Front passenger side (Small).jpg
Odometer (Small).jpg
Rear Driver Side (Small).jpg
Rear Interior (Small).jpg

• Funny
Reactions: bkp_duke
All due respect, but $70K seems unreasonably high.
Could be. It may not sell at that price, but I'm not looking to lose a ton of money 6 months after I bought it.

It had everything that I was looking for when I bought it, and I threw in an extra $13K+ to upgrade it after I bought it. I got a little carried away when the FSD was going to go up in price a week or so after I bought it, plus "you gotta have" the new computer and screen so you can get faster maps and sing careoke. Don't forget, you have to buy the tesla ESP before the original owner transfers the car (which I literally bought at the Tesla service center before the car was transferred to me so that we could make sure that it would go through).

If you want to make an offer let me know. Otherwise thanks for taking a look, and perhaps someone else might be interested in a car that has everything that they need/want.

It's a $55k car at most (you may not even get that much). I'm not trying to hurt your feelings and I'm not interested in the car - just being straight up with you.

Just keep in mind that before the refresh, Tesla was selling 2020 models with 407 miles of range for $69,500 (what are you getting - 285 miles of range.) - with more warranty than your car has (and no deductible). Only thing you have going for you is the FSD. But it won't matter that much - its a 5 year old model. Oh, and the new ones were Ravens. You might as well keep it.

GLWS

I'm not trying to hurt your feelings and I'm not interested in the car - just being straight up with you.
My feelings aren't hurt, and after reviewing a few of the cars for sale on here I fully expected that the there would plenty of people who want nothing more than to tell me what my car is worth, or what you could have bought a new Model S for two weeks ago.

I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, I am just trying to let you know that all your doing is publicly trying to discourage anyone who might be interested in the car. If you really wanted to be straight up you could have just PM'd your opinion to me.

In terms of setting the price, I went the extra step to show the car and what I paid for the the options that I added less than six months ago. I'm not a dealer just a guy looking to sell his car.

Finally, just an observation (really, no ill will intended): I find it interesting how people who aren't interested in actually buying a car spend time looking at ads just to publicly tell the seller that they are overpriced. I wonder if you saw my ad in your local newspaper would you call me up to say, I don't want to buy your car, I just wanted to let you know that it is overpriced and last month I could have bought another one cheaper, or would you just keep it to yourself and move on to look at the next ad.

I wish you the best of luck when its your turn to sell yours.

My feelings aren't hurt, and after reviewing a few of the cars for sale on here I fully expected that the there would plenty of people who want nothing more than to tell me what my car is worth, or what you could have bought a new Model S for two weeks ago.

I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, I am just trying to let you know that all your doing is publicly trying to discourage anyone who might be interested in the car. If you really wanted to be straight up you could have just PM'd your opinion to me.

In terms of setting the price, I went the extra step to show the car and what I paid for the the options that I added less than six months ago. I'm not a dealer just a guy looking to sell his car.

Finally, just an observation (really, no ill will intended): I find it interesting how people who aren't interested in actually buying a car spend time looking at ads just to publicly tell the seller that they are overpriced. I wonder if you saw my ad in your local newspaper would you call me up to say, I don't want to buy your car, I just wanted to let you know that it is overpriced and last month I could have bought another one cheaper, or would you just keep it to yourself and move on to look at the next ad.

I wish you the best of luck when its your turn to sell yours.
Several members browse this sub forum with the intent to purchase a vehicle. When they come across a grossly overpriced ad (more than Tesla used inventory or similarly optioned private party comps) it’s hard not to mention something to the seller.

If you want to sell you need to price it appropriately or you will be overlooked and not sell it. We recently traded an absolutely immaculate, zero damage fully optioned very late 2016.5 S 90 with only 15,000 miles, glass roof, PuP, Grey with new 21’s, into Tesla for $43k. I realize it was a trade but we traded it on another new S for not much more than the OP’s car. I was very interested to see what Tesla would remarket ours for but they put it into the loaner fleet. It killed me to think that our immaculate babied car would be used as a loaner. FYI the window sticker on the trade in was $115k so they have come down lots.

Last edited:
You're nuts. I bought a 2016.5 P90D ($107k sticker price) with all the same upgrades (FSD, free SC, adjustable suspension etc) with 20,350 miles for $43k from a private seller. He could have gotten more, but not $70k. The extra money you put into a car doesn't increase its value.

rpgcsa and RobN275 Congratulations on your purchases. I'm sure there is another thread where you can tell interested persons about the cars you bought.

I'm just trying to sell mine. I'm not looking to debate you on the value of my car. If you already have a tesla, go troll somebody else. The car will eventually sell.
Just like any ordinary person I am trying to get the most for (or more accurately, lose the least on) the sale of my car.

My impression of this site is that of a community (Community is actually the major catagory where we are posting). Those with more experience are wanting to share with those with less. I have just started looking to purchase a used Tesla and find the insights on this site useful. Most used car sites don't have that kind of dialog. They are more about connecting a buyer and seller, period. This site is more like having the buyer's uncle and cousin hanging around while they're trying to find a car. The seller may have some observations supporting a higher price and Uncle Vinnie has other info that proves useful to his nephew. The net result is that the buyers on this site will likely be better informed as a result.

I don't know, yet, if your car is overpriced. But if it is, and you list somewhere else as well, you'll likely find your buyer on the other site. We all want to sell a car for the most we can (nobody says "lowest price today gets the car") but this site probably doesn't facilitate that desire.

The "good deals" seem to get snapped up pretty fast. Less "good deals" may still move, especially if they have desirable features, but will probably take longer.

Reactions: Physicslawyer