Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For those who feel personally victimized by Uncle Elon’s EDD ping pong game!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really? You don't think communication could be improved? I ran a company with global customers for over 20 years. Communication was job one. Murphy's law is always in play. Good communication mitigates the damage and makes the customer feel valued. Luckily most people in the world speak English well enough. Which was good for me as I am still a monoglot. :rolleyes:
Sadly, as far as I can tell, Tesla doesn't give a **sugar** about making customers feel valued. As long as people keep lining up, they'll just sell to the next guy in line. I really hope a credible competitor steps up to Tesla soon, because in this current market they're correct to prioritize pumping out more cars over customer service.

Reactions: usklx
I think you guys are getting nailed by the shifts in other customer orders caused by the BBB rebate and 4680 battery hype. I ordered my MYLR at the beginning of September 2021 with the expectation it would come in January - Feb time frame of this year. It bounced around quite a bit then suddenly rocketed to December and then ended up in early November. I'm thinking this happened because so many put orders on hold (hoping for both the rebate and the 4680 batteries) that it pushed everyone forward who was willing to take delivery. Then when the bill died, and 4680 endlessly drug out, all the orders came crashing back and hit all the new orders that had been added since they were on hold. Now it's just a mess.

Reactions: Anza and WhiteWi
I think you guys are getting nailed by the shifts in other customer orders caused by the BBB rebate and 4680 battery hype. I ordered my MYLR at the beginning of September 2021 with the expectation it would come in January - Feb time frame of this year. It bounced around quite a bit then suddenly rocketed to December and then ended up in early November. I'm thinking this happened because so many put orders on hold (hoping for both the rebate and the 4680 batteries) that it pushed everyone forward who was willing to take delivery. Then when the bill died, and 4680 endlessly drug out, all the orders came crashing back and hit all the new orders that had been added since they were on hold. Now it's just a mess.
Agreed! It is crazy how much of a difference 2 weeks can make when talking about order date and EDD… I am hoping this week’s opening of Giga Austin will cause a recoil in EDDs. And hey maybe us east coasters will get an Austin build!

If we were waiting for Camry’s, we all would have canceled by now. No other car company could get away with this back and forth bs. OD 8-30-21 btw. Fortunately for Tesla but unfortunately for us they have a demand that allows them terrible customer service and an excuse to manipulate orders in a way to deliver the maximum amount of vehicles with no repercussions. It’s not malicious, it’s stock holder appeasement and will not change until demand or profit drops.

Reactions: ksupilot
If we were waiting for Camry’s, we all would have canceled by now. No other car company could get away with this back and forth bs. OD 8-30-21 btw. Fortunately for Tesla but unfortunately for us they have a demand that allows them terrible customer service and an excuse to manipulate orders in a way to deliver the maximum amount of vehicles with no repercussions. It’s not malicious, it’s stock holder appeasement and will not change until demand or profit drops.
Absolutely! Don’t get me wrong! I love the products they deliver, but it does not excuse them from looking out for at least a semblance of customer service. Idk how folks think this company is perfect.

I'd be very surprised if "shifts in other customer orders caused by the BBB rebate and 4680 battery hype" have much if anything to do with the EDD shifts. I've got no proof to back up my theory, but I think people who know/knew about the potential BBB rebate & 4680 from forums like this or other sources , AND actually placed holds are very much in the minority. I suspect most people just order a car and what happens, happens. These EDD shifts are on Tesla.

Reactions: GBwaiting
I think I get it now. Someone mentioned this in another thread and it makes total sense. Tesla will make more money by continuously pushing deliveries of older orders (purchased at a lower price) until they eventually give up and cancel. So, that is what they are doing. Not personal. Just business.

I think I get it now. Someone mentioned this in another thread and it makes total sense. Tesla will make more money by continuously pushing deliveries of older orders (purchased at a lower price) until they eventually give up and cancel. So, that is what they are doing. Not personal. Just business.
I don't fully believe that, but it certainly feels that way sometimes. Another push back or two may make me a believer though!

One can argue that, for many, the actual delivery date fails to be close to the EDD(s). If the argument is that words, estimated in particular, have meaning then Tesla's EDDs in many cases fail the definition of Estimate. Granted, this requires a definition of close. I'd argue being off by 3 months or more is not close.

Estimate - an approximate calculation or judgment of the value, number, quantity, or extent of something.

Approximate - close to the actual, but not completely accurate or exact.

I’ll be the first start… Ordered my MYLR MSM 19” Tow, no FSD on 9/20/2021 with an immediate EDD of March… I have a beautiful 2 week window from mid to late March and then got slapped with an EDD of April 26th-May 31s. I figured other folks needed a venting thread! Post away! No Daddy Musk Cultists please! Lol 😝
I ordered the same in late August. EDD Dec-Jan22. My current EDD is Nov 2022.

The SA never returned a call or offered guidance since the order. When I have talked to Tesla reps, they say the SA on my account is friendly. I need a professional someone with integrity. I was offered by a Tesla representative a sooner EDD if I upgraded. I like what I ordered; I am no longer sure Tesla will deliver.

Reactions: ksupilot
I ordered the same in late August. EDD Dec-Jan22. My current EDD is Nov 2022.

The SA never returned a call or offered guidance since the order. When I have talked to Tesla reps, they say the SA on my account is friendly. I need a professional someone with integrity. I was offered by a Tesla representative a sooner EDD if I upgraded. I like what I ordered; I am no longer sure Tesla will deliver.
Your EDD probably shouldn't be so far out for an August Order. If you haven't done so already it is likely still best practice to set you transaction to cash and no trade in. You may need to speak with/text a SA to accomplish this. You can switch payment month and trade-in if needed once you have a VIN.

Wellpppppppp folks looks like our reward for being jerked around in EDD jail is ..... drum roll please...............NO MOBILE CONNECTORS!!!

Seriously, when do we all recognize that yes; the Tesla vehicles are amazing, but the company and Musk have no interest in customer service?! I have had better customer service ordering a McGriddle than a $60K+ automobile. If there was a competitor that matched the MY specs and a charging network that was as vast as Tesla, I would gladly sell my wall connector and start anew.

Last edited: