Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Founder Edition Reservation Transfer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this possible? I have a friend who received the invite to purchase a Founders edition Cybertruck but he is in a financial position with his business right now where he cannot outlay that amount of money or finance the money due to some moves being made. It is bad timing for him. He wanted to know if he is able to transfer his reservation (and Founders invite) to someone else and not run afoul of Tesla's rules.

Ah ok. I have another friend (they don't know each other) who wants the Founders edition Cybertruck and was trying to see if there was the opportunity to connect them together for a transfer. I don't believe my friend with the invite wants a premium for the transfer, it is just a matter of bad timing for him being why he cannot buy it right now.

Reactions: beewang
Ah ok. I have another friend (they don't know each other) who wants the Founders edition Cybertruck and was trying to see if there was the opportunity to connect them together for a transfer. I don't believe my friend with the invite wants a premium for the transfer, it is just a matter of bad timing for him being why he cannot buy it right now.
Doesn't matter. Good luck. Ciao.

Even then, wouldn’t Tesla register the CT in the old name ….

Not worth it. Look on eBay - A boat load of scammers selling their reservation and people bidding up to $10000 for one. Dumb. I'd be happy if Tesla just gave me my $100 back... There is a member here that said they canceled months ago and they are still fighting with Tesla for the $100 refund.... Member, if you are here, please step forward!

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
Not worth it. Look on eBay - A boat load of scammers selling their reservation and people bidding up to $10000 for one. Dumb. I'd be happy if Tesla just gave me my $100 back... There is a member here that said they canceled months ago and they are still fighting with Tesla for the $100 refund.... Member, if you are here, please step forward!
LOL!! Tesla still owes me $100 on Solar Roof that they cancelled me on and "refundable deposit" status crickets from 3 yrs ago.

You can assume anything you pay to Tesla a "sunken Cost" until returned, which is NEVER!! :p

Cheers!

beewang

Reactions: jebinc
I. BELIEVE.

Another perk.... for all the "early adopters"....
There's really no need to paint everything with the same broad brush. I submitted for my refund the Friday after the delivery event and had the $100 back on my card by the following Monday. Updated expiration date, but same card number. If someone has an issue with the refund, there's probably some additional factors in play like a different card number. Don't have to make it sound like Tesla's deliberately trying to cheat anyone out of their refund.

Reactions: EVNow
There's really no need to paint everything with the same broad brush. I submitted for my refund the Friday after the delivery event and had the $100 back on my card by the following Monday. Updated expiration date, but same card number. If someone has an issue with the refund, there's probably some additional factors in play like a different card number. Don't have to make it sound like Tesla's deliberately trying to cheat anyone out of their refund.
Glad to hear! How old was your reservation, when you canceled?

I canceled on that Thursday and still have seen nothing. CC used four years ago is the same active today....

Glad to hear! How old was your reservation, when you canceled?

I canceled on that Thursday and still have seen nothing. CC used four years ago is the same active today....
I had made my reservation just a couple days after the 2019 reveal. If you haven't gotten it yet, there's some kind of glitch. Hopefully they respond to you.

At least it's not like someone I read about on the Silverado EV forum where his deposit is held up in a dispute between the dealer, him, and GM. Of course the dealer and GM are pointing to each other. Gotta love the extra perks of the dealer system.

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow