Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front License Plate Bracket: The Law by Torklift Central

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed "The Law" license plate bracket and found it to be a good alternative to the mounting tape option offered by Tesla. It is heavy duty black powder coat over steel, it was a straight forward install and it sits at a perfect height to avoid any low ground clearance issues. Installation hints: Before installing, it was helpful to thread the bolts in and out of the connection plates with a little WD40 lubricant to make it easier to later thread while holding everything in position. If you have "fat fingers", a screwdriver will be handy in positioning the connection plates behind the grill in their upright position while getting the bolts started. And, it was also helpful to place a small piece of cardboard under the bracket to rest it slightly up off the bumper while installing.

image.png

That was my second option, I found Sto N Go license plate holder first and thought it looked great. Installed it in minutes on my 3

@Massimo99, when you installed it in minutes, it wasn't much of a hassle to drill into the bottom cover near the front bumper for the Sto N Go license plate holder? Your pic looks like it was more than a few minutes, but still looks easy enough.

For anybody looking for the Sto N Go license plate holder like I was, it's currently $94.99 shipped free, here's the link: 2017-2018 Tesla Model 3 (SNS145)

Anybody looking for "The Law" license plate, it's $134.99 shipped free, here's the link: The Law - Tesla Model 3 Front License Plate Bracket (Auto Pilot Compatible) XA1004

I'll probably go for the The Bandit license plate bracket V2 for $119 +$10 shipping since that actually addresses the problem of battery vent blockage for which Sto N Go and The Law license plate holders appear to not take into consideration when designed for Tesla Model 3.

Last edited:
@Massimo99, when you installed it in minutes, it wasn't much of a hassle to drill into the bottom cover near the front bumper for the Sto N Go license plate holder? Your pic looks like it was more than a few minutes, but still looks easy enough.

For anybody looking for the Sto N Go license plate holder like I was, it's currently $94.99 shipped free, here's the link: 2017-2018 Tesla Model 3 (SNS145)

Anybody looking for "The Law" license plate, it's $134.99 shipped free, here's the link: The Law - Tesla Model 3 Front License Plate Bracket (Auto Pilot Compatible) XA1004

I'll probably go for the The Bandit license plate bracket V2 for $119 +$10 shipping since that actually addresses the problem of battery vent blockage for which Sto N Go and The Law license plate holders appear to not take into consideration when designed for Tesla Model 3.

It took maybe 3 minutes to centre the plate holder under the car, mark the holes with a sharpie, drill holes and put the bolts in. It was longer for me to gather all my tools and the extra wood to drive on because the 3 was low for me to get drill underneath.

But both Torklift and Sto N Go block cooling air flow. I saw blower going full bore during super charging to cool battery thru these front vents. I would guess similar thing happen when weather is hot and pegging the throttle. Blocking them is not a good idea.

Though I like how Sto N Go looks much better, Bandit License frame is functionally better. But I did not want to shell that much for any of these, So I built one myself under $10.

Home made license Bracket under $10