Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:

Latest posts

Hawaii Tesla Owners

Front license plate options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the general opinion on the mounting for the front license plate? I notice from the photos there seem to be three options : a) drill five holes in the nose cone b) zip tie thru front grill or c) skirt the law and run sans front plate?

I have the show and go plate which can be tucked under the car. Amazon.com: Show N Go License Plate Holder: Automotive

You'll have to have someway to have the plate on the front when it comes time for your saftey check. It's also good to have it showing if you're taking the zipper lane/carpool lane.

It does take away about an inch of the ground clearance so need to make sure you raise up the car when parking it if there's a high curb.

I have the show and go also, it was too low to pass safety check. They moved the license plate up for the inspection by using the top two screws of the bracket for the bottom two screws of the plate. Passed inspection, then I moved it back down.

Nanimac - I think they take it to wherever. In my case they took it to somewhere close to my office, a place off of Ward Ave. After the license plate was raised, he even had to take a picture of my car with the plate higher to prove for his files that it was regulation when the safety check was issued.