Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front seat adjustment levers...( big foot )

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RSpanner

Sep 3, 2021
Oregon
My dear wife stepped on the passenger front horizontal seat lever while entering the car. The front plastic pin is attached to internal switch and part of that has broken off. I am planing on inserting a piece of carbon rod( when I locate that item) inside that wee bit of pin and glue it ( cyanoacrylate ) back on. Wise?
20220530_130240.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BuzzTest
My kid just broke the same lever. How is yours holding up at this point?
Well....the short hollow plastic ( slightly over 1/8 diameter ) was broken off in the middle of its aprox. 1/2 " over all length. Part of it was still attached to the internal mechanism. I ground down a threaded shaft, part of a small bolt, and inserted into the center of the broken piece and used the cyno glu to attach the piece that goes into the actual lever. It works, but if you have the same problem, do not put as much glu as I did. Some of it seeped into the mechanism but it works, but is harder to push. Clear as mud? It did work, is strong but as I said, harder to push, as I think there may have been seepage. Good Luck.
AND it was my grandson that put his big foot on the lever..

Im going on #3 for the driver side seat back adjuster. Tesla has done it 2 times. 2nd was over $100.00 which is ridiculous. These plastic parts are garbage. I like your idea, I’d prefer a part made out of a more durable material. I am going to remove the module today and see what I can do. Maybe fill it with cyan + baking soda if I can’t figure out a better solution.

Reactions: nigelpurvis@gm