Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front tire and 15mm Spacer + 19 inch Sport Wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone

I had read in many post that the 15mm spacer in the front tires with the 20" Performance wheel have issues due to a collision between the bolt and the wheel internal cavity

My question do anyone has experience with a 15mm spacer but with the 19 inch Sport wheel
Any help to confirm if you had a similar issue or not will be great I am planning to buy the spacer but I would like to confirm this before buy them.

Also I noticed in many post that the 18inch wheel is good with the 15mm spacer in the front

(Picture I took it from other post and is an awesome reference)
nceSdY8.png

Do you have the PUP on your car?
My understanding is it has nothing to do with the wheel and everything to do with the rotor. If your car has the PUP and the red performance brakes, than I don't think most wheels will work (but should be tested and the cavity may be deeper in some wheels). If your car doesn't have the PUP, then most wheels should work (including the 20s).

Last edited:
Reactions: Lagv1983
Do you have the PUP on your car?
My understanding is it has nothing to do with the wheel and everything to do with the rotor. If your car has the PUP and the red performance brakes, than I don't think most wheels will work (but should be tested and the cavity may be deeper in some wheels). If your car doesn't have the PUP, then most wheels should work (including the 20s).
Sorry my lack of knowledge but what is the PUP? Performance Upgrade?

Performance Upgrade Package. It’s only available in the performance models and includes the upgraded brakes. Those upgraded brakes, in the front al least, are 5mm thinner, which results in the studs being 5 mm longer than every other model, resulting in the wheel cavity contact . Hence 15mm will not work with the PUP but will without.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, those are great news do you have any pictures to see the end result
Again thanks
I have an 2020 SR+ with the 19" and planning to buy eibach springs and the spacers
The end result is kind of hard to capture in photos, but it brings the wheels perfectly flush with the fenders (perhaps a touch beyond), and gets rid of the sunken rear wheel look of the stock setup when photographing the car from the front three quarters. In the attached photo, the front wheel is on the left, and rear on the right.

Attachments

• IMG_20200404_185105-COLLAGE.jpg
    IMG_20200404_185105-COLLAGE.jpg
    829.7 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: Lagv1983