Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk aftermarket shruts pop open automatically

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I plan to change the after market frunk to the one with more power that will pop up automatically when open with remote. Do you know the length and compatibility with model 3 shruts?

The Model X frunk already does that, so not sure what you are referring to. If your question is related to the Model 3, you should ask it over in the Model 3 forum.

The Model X frunk already does that, so not sure what you are referring to. If your question is related to the Model 3, you should ask it over in the Model 3 forum.
No it doesn’t.
There is a mod for the model 3 where opening the front trunk via app/keyfob actually Opens all the way the front trunk.
I’d be interested in this on the Model X, let us know what you find.

I believe OP is referring to an aftermarket parts some people have put on the 3, so that when you hit the Frunk button on your key fob (for example) the Frunk goes all the way up, instead of just popping up a bit.

I've not seen anyone do this on the X, but the videos I've seen on the 3 make me worry about the amount of pressure needed to close the Frunk with those heavy duty struts.

Keep us posted if you do end up doing it.

I have both the 3 and the X, and in my 3 I replaced the drunk struts with the stronger ones that open the drink fully when opening via remote. I know what the OP is asking - I have been trying to do the same thing to my X. All searches come up with nothing specific for the X. Besides just trial and error - nothing ready researches is available. If I find it...I’ll post here.

Thanks for all you guys explanations. That's what I plan to do when I get the car by end of the month. Looks very cool and convenient especially when your hand is full with groceries bags. They should make it power frunk hood. Maybe I put some kind of power lift gate like the trunk. Maybe we should check on the local auto parts store and told them I need to find compatible stronger struts for some car. They probably can match one. I'll will keep posted..