Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frunk misalignment issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Despite toggling with the round plastic like hinges, the left side of the frunk is still not flush and certainly higher than the right side. This is a new vehicle so hasn’t been involved in any road incidents. Not sure if the photos do it justice buy hopefully you can see what I mean.

Is there anything else I can try to fix this ?

Attachments

• DCE1C68F-0EA3-4782-8510-5753B4DDAAE5.jpeg
    DCE1C68F-0EA3-4782-8510-5753B4DDAAE5.jpeg
    269.9 KB · Views: 375
  • 1B8811CC-276A-47B9-9863-1AEDD1D474A7.jpeg
    1B8811CC-276A-47B9-9863-1AEDD1D474A7.jpeg
    232.6 KB · Views: 255
Despite toggling with the round plastic like hinges, the left side of the frunk is still not flush and certainly higher than the right side. This is a new vehicle so hasn’t been involved in any road incidents. Not sure if the photos do it justice buy hopefully you can see what I mean.

Is there anything else I can try to fix this ?
I had this same issue on my M3 LR picked up on 12/28.
I scheduled a service through the app and the SC took care of it. Not sure if you can tell from the pictures but this was the pic I sent through the app and they were able to fix it.

Attachments

• IMG_9768.jpg
    IMG_9768.jpg
    461.1 KB · Views: 183
My hood is way off from the factory and its not a matter at all of adjusting the front hood bumper thingies. But, I'm just too scared to have an SC touch it for the fear they will screw it up even more, so I've just learned to live with it as a "quirk" of the Tesla ownership experience. LOL.

Reactions: TBrownTX
My hood is way off from the factory and its not a matter at all of adjusting the front hood bumper thingies. But, I'm just too scared to have an SC touch it for the fear they will screw it up even more, so I've just learned to live with it as a "quirk" of the Tesla ownership experience. LOL.

I have that weird fender gap by the passenger side mirror that many cars produced in late '20 and early '21 had. Same feelings as you, just a quirk and I don't even notice it anymore. Not worth the chance of something else getting screwed up.

Tim

I booked an appointment through the app and they replied saying they’ll only inspect a newly delivered vehicle. Mine is a couple weeks old so looks like I’ll need to visit a body shop to get this fixed. It doesn’t bother me from a driving perspective but noticed when I’m hand washing the car, water does get into that raised section