Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS: 2015 Tesla Model S 85D AP1 ~50k miles Factory Warranty till 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, moving to a building with no EV charging so will be selling my Model S 85D

I purchased this from Tesla in April 2019. So it will include the remaining bumper to bumper warranty to 2023. It also includes Free Supercharging and LTE premium connectivity. The car currently charges to 257 miles@100% SoC.
Since owning the car, I’ve had the front end of the vehicle as well as the area right behind the rear doors wrapped in Xpel Ultimate Clear Bra.I tinted every piece of glass with a nano-ceramic window film in 35% shade. I added Tesla puddle lamps and had the entire car paint corrected and coated with cQuartz 5-year Ceramic Coating. I have been very meticulous in caring for this vehicle and it’s paint. There are no scratches on the vehicle and very minor swirl marks if any. This may just be one of the cleanest Pre-owned Model S' on the market.

Maintenance items taken care of by Tesla Servce:
- Charge Port and new door installed

- Brand new MCU w/ factory screen protector still on. There are no scratches on the screen as depicted in the pictures. Those scratches are on the factory screen protector that I left on for the new buyer to peel off to expose the flawless screen underneath. No yellow borders.

The vehicle is available to be seen at CNC motors in Upland, CA. They will be handling the sale for me.

Car comes with 2 keys, factory manual, wall charger with all adapters, Tesla Touch-up paint kit (unused)

*HOV Lane eligible*

2015 Model S 85D (50,778 miles)
Listed Price $49k. Open to Offers at fair market value.

Warranty info:
Vehicle extended limited warranty valid through April 2023, or 85,000 miles.
Battery & drive unit warranty valid through October 2023, unlimited miles.

This car was equipped with every factory option available at time of ordering.

Transferable options:
Free Unlimited Transferable LTE Premium Connectivity
Free Unlimited Transferable Supercharging

Autopilot with convenience features
- Autosteer
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Auto change lanes with turn signal
- Lane Departure Warning system
- Automatic emergency braking
- Blind Spot Warning system
- Autopark (self-parallel & perpendicular park)
- Summon (enter or exit parking spots without the driver)
- Parking Sensors

Premium Upgrades Package
- Premium Interior Lighting
- Lighted Door Handles and LED Cornering Lights

Subzero Weather Package
-Heated Front and Rear seats
-Heated Steering Wheel
-Heated Side Mirrors
-Heated Windshield Wipers

Dual Drive Motor (AWD)
20” Gloss Black Slipstream Wheels, staggered
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Smart Air Suspension
Executive Rear Seating package
Sunroof
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Keyless Entry
Power Liftgate
GPS Enabled Homelink
Glossy Wood Obeche Décor (Interior)
Black Alcantra Headliner
LED daytime running lights
Maps and Navigation with real time traffic updates
Power-folding and heated Side Mirrors
Automatic Keyless Entry
SiriusXM Satellite Radio
Fog Lamps

This vehicle has a clean history, verified by a third party Autocheck and Carfax.

Exterior Photos

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Also this is my favorite model but you show 257 miles when the EPA rating when new is 272 .....so that is a huge degradation of the HV battery, or am I missing something here. I am also amazed at the condition of the drivers seat for the age and miles of this car.
272-257=15

15 miles.

15 miles is NOT "huge degradation" so people need to get this idea out of their head. Typical for a 2015 with 50k or more miles historically would be around 10% give or take one percent.

Personally, I've seen a lot of 12% degradation cars of this vintage and I wouldn't hesitate based on what I've seen. This car is roughly 5.5% battery degradation which is around half of the typical degradation. I would call this well below the curve for normal battery degradation if it is indeed 257 miles @ 100%.

Not really sure what you expect a 2015 85D with ~50k miles to be but you're WAY off base with your comments.

Great healthy discussion guys. Ostrich is correct, if you dig deep through the forums of typical SOC % you’ll see that my car has very little degradation for a car of this year and miles. All of his numbers are spot on. 10% is typical of a 2015 with these miles.

Regarding the driver seat, the leather on this era of Model S is a very supple high end leather as compared to the newer Model S’ I’ve driven from the loaner fleets. With that said, the leather has been conditioned and treated with the Leatherique conditioning system that really brings leather back to life and slows down wear and creasing. The other seats in the car look new and unused as I usually am in the car alone to commute.

272-257=15

15 miles.

15 miles is NOT "huge degradation" so people need to get this idea out of their head. Typical for a 2015 with 50k or more miles historically would be around 10% give or take one percent.

Personally, I've seen a lot of 12% degradation cars of this vintage and I wouldn't hesitate based on what I've seen. This car is roughly 5.5% battery degradation which is around half of the typical degradation. I would call this well below the curve for normal battery degradation if it is indeed 257 miles @ 100%.

Not really sure what you expect a 2015 85D with ~50k miles to be but you're WAY off base with your comments.

Just to re-enforce what you said - the actual published range of the 2015 S 85D was 270 miles. So the degradation is actually 13 miles - or ~5%.

That is very little for a nearly 5 year old car with 50k miles (most degradation happens from 0-50k miles). I'd almost be willing to bet that the battery was replaced when Tesla sold it as a used car. Which in reality, would not be a super good thing for the new owner, because that would mean the battery is actually in the prime degradation mileage still. I could be dead wrong. Just a theory.

• Funny
Reactions: Kavinbala
Just to re-enforce what you said - the actual published range of the 2015 S 85D was 270 miles. So the degradation is actually 13 miles - or ~5%.

That is very little for a nearly 5 year old car with 50k miles (most degradation happens from 0-50k miles). I'd almost be willing to bet that the battery was replaced when Tesla sold it as a used car. Which in reality, would not be a super good thing for the new owner, because that would mean the battery is actually in the prime degradation mileage still. I could be dead wrong. Just a theory.

Getting a new battery pack recently from Tesla is a bad thing? First time I've heard that.

Sign me up on any of my Model S for this "downgrade" and I'll gladly take that burden.

Saying that the battery is in the "higher degradation" phase because it's newer is kind of a silly thing to look at like a negative. Regardless of if it's at the 5% phase or the 0.5% phase it's still got WAY more range & now more life than whatever battery pack came out of there if that is indeed the case. You're also leaping to conclusions when we have no idea if the pack was replaced. Either way, charge and battery are not things I would consider a red flag on this particular used Model S.

I think people tend to overthink things on this forum.

• Love
Reactions: aochoco
Getting a new battery pack recently from Tesla is a bad thing? First time I've heard that.

Sign me up on any of my Model S for this "downgrade" and I'll gladly take that burden.

Saying that the battery is in the "higher degradation" phase because it's newer is kind of a silly thing to look at like a negative. Regardless of if it's at the 5% phase or the 0.5% phase it's still got WAY more range & now more life than whatever battery pack came out of there if that is indeed the case. You're also leaping to conclusions when we have no idea if the pack was replaced. Either way, charge and battery are not things I would consider a red flag on this particular used Model S.

I think people tend to overthink things on this forum.

You just have to have just a little bit of common sense to understand it in this case.

Now, let me first tell you that, overall, it is better to have the new battery. However, when it comes to what the range of this car will be in 25k miles, if the original battery is in the car, and has gone through the majority of its degradation already, it won't see much more degradation. OTOH, if the battery has 10k miles on it, it's going to degrade much more - based on average another 3 or 4%.

So, just in respect of range, of this is the original battery, it's a good one and didn't experience much degradation. If it's a new battery, there's a good chance it has a lot more degradation left.

I'm not real sure why that's so difficult to understand.

You just have to have just a little bit of common sense to understand it in this case.

Now, let me first tell you that, overall, it is better to have the new battery. However, when it comes to what the range of this car will be in 25k miles, if the original battery is in the car, and has gone through the majority of its degradation already, it won't see much more degradation. OTOH, if the battery has 10k miles on it, it's going to degrade much more - based on average another 3 or 4%.

So, just in respect of range, of this is the original battery, it's a good one and didn't experience much degradation. If it's a new battery, there's a good chance it has a lot more degradation left.

I'm not real sure why that's so difficult to understand.

So now I don't have common sense? Why are you attacking me personally to bolster your case? Could it be that you know your case is flimsy at best so now you need to bring my credibility into question?

Common sense would tell you that the actual range number is FAR more important than some arbitrary rate-of-degradation. It's difficult to understand because it makes zero sense.

You mention range being important but your "point" requires completely disregarding the actual range #'s to make sense.

Who cares what the "rate of degradation" is when you have more range than you would w/o the battery pack replacement? The rate at which it degrades means nothing when the ENTIRE time your range is still greater than it would have been had the pack not been replaced (this also assumes there was no problem with the previous pack which is unlikely if it was replaced) and that doesn't even factor in the longer overall life one can expect roughly equal to however many years the car got out of the previous pack.

This conversation is not only irrelevant even if we knew for a fact that the pack had been replaced but, as of this post, you don't even know that it was. Talk about a pointless conversation from every angle you look at it.

Your post makes no sense logically and has zero place in the persons for sale listing. You're welcome to start a thread in the "General Discussion" subforum to discuss this debate further but this isn't the place for this sort of random musing with zero basis in reality.

So now I don't have common sense? Why are you attacking me personally to bolster your case? Could it be that you know your case is flimsy at best so now you need to bring my credibility into question?

Common sense would tell you that the actual range number is FAR more important than some arbitrary rate-of-degradation. It's difficult to understand because it makes zero sense.

You mention range being important but your "point" requires completely disregarding the actual range #'s to make sense.

Who cares what the "rate of degradation" is when you have more range than you would w/o the battery pack replacement? The rate at which it degrades means nothing when the ENTIRE time your range is still greater than it would have been had the pack not been replaced (this also assumes there was no problem with the previous pack which is unlikely if it was replaced) and that doesn't even factor in the longer overall life one can expect roughly equal to however many years the car got out of the previous pack.

This conversation is not only irrelevant even if we knew for a fact that the pack had been replaced but, as of this post, you don't even know that it was. Talk about a pointless conversation from every angle you look at it.

Your post makes no sense logically and has zero place in the persons for sale listing. You're welcome to start a thread in the "General Discussion" subforum to discuss this debate further but this isn't the place for this sort of random musing with zero basis in reality.

You're taking this stuff WAY too seriously (my "case"?). Take a deep breath.

My point is simple logic. It's possible that if this is the original battery, it will have the same, or nearly same range 25k miles from now (257), because the majority of its degradation is done. If, however, it is a replacement battery, it still has more degradation to go and in 25k miles, it will probably only have 245 miles. 257 is more than 245. Is that easier to understand?

Last edited:
Reactions: cucubits
You're taking this stuff WAY too seriously (my "case"?). Take a deep breath.

My point is simple logic. It's possible that if this is the original battery, it will have the same, or nearly same range 25k miles from now (257), because the majority of its degradation is done. If, however, it is a replacement battery, it still has more degradation to go and in 25k miles, it will probably only have 245 miles. 257 is more than 245. Is that easier to understand?

Once again, this poor person's for sale listing is NOT the place for a conversation like this. You have absolutely zero proof that the battery pack is replaced and yet you're causing others who may have interest in this car (which appears to be a stellar example BTW) to have baseless doubt in his offering and it's value. That's rude.

Again, if you want to have this conversation in-depth this guy's for sale thread is NOT the proper place and it's disrespectful to post negative made up scenarios about his car and then continue to speculate on your hypothesis ad nauseam when someone points out the folly if your guess work.