Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FS: Unplugged Performance Model 3 Carbon Fiber Ascension-R Racing Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sold my 3 and am selling my seats! Install in less than 30 min and maintain use of autopilot, cruise, stock seat belts (if you want) etc.

Seats: Ascension-R Bucket Seat Kit – Driver and Passenger Package D: UP Alcantara Finished Sparco Carbon QRT-C Seat, UP Seat Base, Harness and Emulator, Sparco Seat Rails, Sparco Slider, Hardware, Eye-Bolt.

Harness: One Limited Edition, Unplugged Performance x Willans FIA 4pt Racing Harness for Tesla Applications

Price: Pair of Seats + One Harness (only have one) = $4,000 + Fees + Shipping (if shipping)

These new are $5k+ and I have more than $2k into them on top of that. Really don’t want to sell but they need to be out to use.

**Prefer Local Pickup (DFW/McKinney)

**Willing to ship on your dime. You set it up, You pay for packing, you schedule the pick up, all of the above.
44804ADB-0AA0-4697-B347-583946FEEE75.jpeg
DB70C551-C432-471D-8117-9DD833F57B17.jpeg

54D0B6F1-5341-4318-B3DE-1602E4B46713.jpeg

DEA741CF-3A6D-436B-AFFB-121913695D12.jpeg
89706445-2285-45CF-B1EF-901BC7B71C1E.jpeg
A480D5FF-D585-49BA-BC88-3901020888E4.jpeg
250BE032-D9D5-4BCB-A6EF-494476C95B23.jpeg
78EFAA06-DDBA-4ED7-92BD-EFD9CE3B43FC.jpeg
2CF21951-34F0-4519-8A32-A0B18742F686.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: MCM3
How did you get around the passenger airbag error message with these seats? I remember DÆrik tried so hard to get these to work with his car and even got a donor set of seat sensors and installed them in the upholstery and still wasnt able to get rid of the error message.

How did you get around the passenger airbag error message with these seats? I remember DÆrik tried so hard to get these to work with his car and even got a donor set of seat sensors and installed them in the upholstery and still wasnt able to get rid of the error message.
I followed DAEriks build really closely as well because I was in the same boat of trying to figure out how to get rid of the messages. I do have an emulator for the driver side that removes the codes when the driver side only is installed; however, Unplugged never provided one for the passenger side as they are still developing it. Long story short, they had one but it wasn't 100% for the passenger like the driver side was, so they just stopped producing it and are developing a new one from what I know. That said, unless you have emulators for both sides that takes the place of the wiring harnesses themselves, no matter what you do the error messages don't/won't go away. The error messages do not limit you from using the car in any way, shape, or form. I still had full functioning autopilot, track mode, everything other than heated front seats (not needed in Texas anyways haha). Regardless, I found that you don't even need them so I just stopped worrying about it and just removed the harnesses completely when the seats were installed. The errors aren't obtrusive to viewing anything on screen so I just got used to it.
If you check out Craig Coker on Instagram @Fromwhereicharge he has these seats and he races/daily's it. He also mentions in this post here "existing errors are just visuals on the screen. The car still fully functions with autopilot, summon, and auto park."

Reactions: Lindenwood
Thanks for the response. Everyone who I know who has purchased these seats (or any Sparco/Recaro seats for that matter), have come across the dreaded passenger side error message. I know it doesn't have any impact on the driving of the car at all, but I just curious if you found a way around the error message using a resistor or emulator.

Thanks for the response. Everyone who I know who has purchased these seats (or any Sparco/Recaro seats for that matter), have come across the dreaded passenger side error message. I know it doesn't have any impact on the driving of the car at all, but I just curious if you found a way around the error message using a resistor or emulator.
No problem at all. I wish I had a solution for it. I even almost paid another company to do it for me but just not worth the money/effort to remove a visual. :)