Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Price increasing May 1?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I bought AP with my Model 3 in March 2019. I am regretting bypassing FSD for $5K especially now that they are announcing a price increase. Is anyone in the same boat looking to pull the trigger at $7K before 5/1?
$7K is a lot of money already, what are the chances they walk this down to $5K again if the demand isn’t there?

That's a great question that I don't think anyone can answer confidently at this point.

We ordered a MR with AP on 3/17, delivered on 3/23. We passed on FSD because I generally don't buy stuff that doesn't really exist yet without pretty robust assurances and concrete timelines, but are definitely interested. Thing is, I think the rep that assisted our purchase was not up to speed on EAP vs AP because he explicitly said that our car would auto lane change. It doesn't, and now after further research I don't think it is supposed to and suspect we were misinformed. I have a query out about that now that I'm waiting for a response on. Might try to leverage this into getting them to add FSD for $5k. I realize that if that happens, in a sense I will have been successfully manipulated into violating the above stated consumer principle.

Reactions: fbitz777
In the same boat as you. If they would drop it to 5k I would pull the trigger. 7k is still tempting if they are going to raise the price.

With all the erratic price changes, I was hoping for a sale to buy the FSD at $5K later or maybe even for cheaper. Lets see what happens at the FSD demo on 4/22. I was also thinking there could be another “flash sale” either end of Q2 or end of the year as a quick cash grab.

I'm waiting to pull the trigger on AP and FSD. I'm not sure if:
  1. People who have AP prior to April 22 will get a discount on FSD before May 1
  2. People who have neither AP nor FSD will get a packaged discount before May 1
  3. Both 1 and 2
  4. Neither 1 and 2 (probably the most likely IMO)

I'm following the same strategy @Gillie ! No harm in waiting a week and seeing. Personally hoping for some sort of "Buy FSD get AP free" deal, because otherwise I cannot really justify FSD before the price increase.

Same boat as my delivery person left during delivery process and was told several times i would have lane change

It was very confusing and after all the research I was more concerned if the car would be the right one upon delivery and if panels would align etc.

Following

We are at $7k for FSD upgrade. We paid $3k for AP at purchase and FSD was offered at $5k.

We paid 5K for enhanced AP, which has everything but these two "later this year":
  • Recognize and respond to traffic lights and stop signs.
  • Automatic driving on city streets.
With an asking price of another 5K for these two, not sure it's worth it to me. Thanks for the details on your $.

So I bought AP with my Model 3 in March 2019. I am regretting bypassing FSD for $5K especially now that they are announcing a price increase. Is anyone in the same boat looking to pull the trigger at $7K before 5/1?
$7K is a lot of money already, what are the chances they walk this down to $5K again if the demand isn’t there?

We did exactly what you did in March. $5k for something that may never come seemed like a dumb bet for us. I hope that Tesla works it out and it becomes everything Elon wants it to be, but we will not pay $7k for the FSD. We love the AP and will be fine with it for many years as it will improve on its own. We have decided if it ever hits $3k proven OR not we will do it. Until that day we will enjoy it. Especially since fuel prices have jump here $0.47 in the last few months.

We paid 5K for enhanced AP, which has everything but these two "later this year":
  • Recognize and respond to traffic lights and stop signs.
  • Automatic driving on city streets.
With an asking price of another 5K for these two, not sure it's worth it to me. Thanks for the details on your $.
I really wish parallel parking was included in standard AP. It seems like such a standard thing that many ICE cars do already. I think Tesla bit themselves by making your upgrade so much money for fewer features. Hopefully Tesla will make adjustments for for the upgrade prices based on AP/EAP level already purchased... Enjoy the ride

I really wish parallel parking was included in standard AP. It seems like such a standard thing that many ICE cars do already. I think Tesla bit themselves by making your upgrade so much money for fewer features. Hopefully Tesla will make adjustments for for the upgrade prices based on AP/EAP level already purchased... Enjoy the ride

Thanks, I absolutely love driving the car.

We did exactly what you did in March. $5k for something that may never come seemed like a dumb bet for us. I hope that Tesla works it out and it becomes everything Elon wants it to be, but we will not pay $7k for the FSD. We love the AP and will be fine with it for many years as it will improve on its own. We have decided if it ever hits $3k proven OR not we will do it. Until that day we will enjoy it. Especially since fuel prices have jump here $0.47 in the last few months.

Yeah I feel $2K is about right for the AP value wise, but I still shelled out $3K to get it. Much harder to make that same leap for the $7K FSD upgrade. I am curious how many people pull the trigger at $7K after the big demo. Have a feeling that will decide any future price adjustments.

About a day after you get a software update you should be offered a free 60 day trial of AP and FSD. During the trial the price of AP will be $3,000 and FSD will be $5,500. So it’s still $500 more than pre-delivery but better than paying $2,000 more.

Is the demo after a software upgrade with offer to buy for real.

I just had the service depot force the latest version to me yesterday as I had not received it.

As of yet. Have not received any notification about a trial for FSD.

I have AP currently. Not sure if that makes a difference?